Mofongo and shrimp in red garlic sauce. Mofongo Recipe (Garlic-Flavored Mashed Plantains): a very tasty dish with pork rind mixed in and Mofongo is a tasty dish made with fried green plantains, which are mashed with garlic and mixed We had chicken mofongo which had a red sauce on it. Where can I find a similar recipe for this. Like mashed potatoes, mofongo, made with mashed green plantains, is a delicious, garlicky vehicle for all kinds of savory toppings.
Grilled or pan-fried shrimp are a brilliant protein to serve with mofongo. Or, try pairing it with your favorite slow cooked chicken or pork. Easy Creole Shrimp Mofongo Recipe – delicious cajun shrimp in a spicy sweet creole stew over mofongo! You can have Mofongo and shrimp in red garlic sauce using 11 easy ingredients and 9 easy steps. Follow these simple steps to cook yummy food.
Ingredients of Mofongo and shrimp in red garlic sauce
- Prepare 6 of green plantain.
- It’s 3 lb of of shrimp.
- Prepare 6 clove of garlic.
- It’s 1 of onion, chopped.
- You need 1 of sofrito.
- It’s 1 of adobo and garlic powder.
- You need 2 of bay leaf.
- It’s 1 bag of of hard crackling.
- Prepare 1 of olive oil, extra virgin.
- Prepare 3 of packs of sazon con achote.
- It’s 1 of vegetable oil for frying.
This dish takes me right back to the Caribbean! This creole shrimp mofongo combines a few of my favorite recipes – my Easy Creole Sauce, Cajun Shrimp, and Easy Mofongo recipes. So, I made Mofongo with Shrimp in a creole sauce for this stop. And what a great shrimp filling!
Mofongo and shrimp in red garlic sauce step by step
- Cut tips from bananas slit down on 3 sides easier to peel. Cut into 1/2 inch wheels.
- Put oil to heat 350-400 degrees.put enough oil to cover plantains..
- When oil gets hot put plantains in dont over crowd. When golden brown n semi tender remove until all are fried..
- In big bowl throw all fried plantains begin mashing. crush the 2 garlic cloves add to plantains add 1 tablespoon olive oil.
- Add crackling n keep mashing until all plantains are mashed n ingredients are combine.garlic n olive oil is spread. better to mix with hands.
- Get a small bowl put some plantains in and pack down with spatula take out. should have shape of bowl put round side up..
- For shrimps in garlic red sauce.
- Boil 3 cups of water i eyeball it. Throw in bay leaf some adobo and garlic powder smash garlic 1/2 onion choped. 1 tablespoon sofrito to taste . Add 1 tablespoon of cornstarch in cold water to thicken add to pot..
- When thicken add shrimp. dont over cook. Pour over mofongo. You can stuff it or eat it plain or with the pork crackling recipe i have here also. Enjoy :).
Cumin and garlic add a great dimension to your Mofongo. My aunt who is Dominican who made a mofongo dish with Alfredo sauce and shrimp around it. The red pepper (mojo picon) sauce takes the dish over the top! Shutterstock koleksiyonunda HD kalitesinde Shrimp Mofongo Garlic Sauce temalı stok görseller ve milyonlarca başka telifsiz stok fotoğraf, illüstrasyon ve vektör bulabilirsiniz. Her gün binlerce yeni, yüksek kaliteli fotoğraf ekleniyor.