Pancit Canton. Pancit Canton it is a type of Lo Mein or tossed noodles known as flour sticks. This dish is often served during birthdays and This Pancit Canton Recipe makes use of sliced pork, sausage, and shrimp. Pancit Canton loaded with meat, seafood, and vegetables is perfect for family dinners or special occasions.
Season the meat, allow to marinate and stir fry. List of Ingredients for Pancit Canton. Pancit canton or pansit canton is one of the Chinese cuisine that Filipinos adopted. You can have Pancit Canton using 15 easy ingredients and 10 easy steps. Here is how you cook delicious meal.
Ingredients of Pancit Canton
- You need 16 oz of flour sticks pancit canton noodles.
- You need 1/2 lb of pork belly cut into strips.
- It’s 1/2 cup of medium size shrimp.
- You need 5 cloves of garlic.
- You need 1 of medium onion.
- Prepare 1/2 of Chinese sausage.
- You need 1 of medium carrot.
- You need 1/2 cup of parsley.
- Prepare 1 1/2 cup of cabbage.
- You need 4 cups of pork broth or 4 cups of water with 1 pork cube.
- You need 2 tbsp of oyster sauce.
- You need 1/2 tbsp of fish sauce.
- You need 3-4 tbsp of soy sauce.
- It’s 3 tbsp of olive oil.
- It’s of Salt and pepper to your taste.
Pancit canton noodles are flour based and yellowish in color. In Filipino cuisine, pancit are noodles and the dishes made from them, usually made with rice noodles. Noodles were introduced into the Philippines early on by Chinese settlers in the archipelago. Pancit Canton Recipe is a mixture of egg noodle dish with chicken, vegetables, shrimp and Chinese sausage.
Pancit Canton instructions
- In a wok put one tbsp olive oil, cabbage and carrots and cook for 3 minutes and set aside.
- In a separate wok heat rest of oil and sauté garlic and onion.
- Add pork strips and cook until tender.
- Add fish sauce, Chinese sausage, and soy sauce and cook for 3 minutes.
- Add shrimp, parsley and oyster sauce and cook for 3 more minutes.
- Add pork broth or water and pork cube and let it simmer for a few minutes then add noodles.
- Cook until noodles are tender and some of the soup is absorbed.
- Add the vegetables you set aside and tossed it with the noodles.
- Add salt and pepper for taste as necessary.
- Transfer to a serving plate and add desired calamansi or lemon and enjoy!.
Our Pancit Canton is ready to be served. This dish is best served and paired with some calamansi and soy sauce on the side. Pancit canton is actually a very unassuming dish, made simply of flour sticks or noodles, a medley of vegetables, and slivers of meat. A special kind would have sweet shelled shrimps and meatballs. Pancit Canton or Lo Mein in chinese is another filipino dish with Chinese origin.