Turon Filipino Banana Lumpia Dessert. Turon are deep fried bananas wrapped in spring roll wrappers. This is a famous dessert and snack in the Philippines. Turon is a type of Filipino snack.
Today I made some Turon (Banana lumpia) usually served as a snack (mirienda in the Philippines) or a dessert. Filipino turon recipe for turon that's crispy and crunchy whether fried or baked. Serve with vanilla ice cream and salted caramel sauce and you have yourself a dessert that transports you straight to the tropics Which brings me to this Filipino turon recipe (some people like to call it banana lumpia). You can have Turon Filipino Banana Lumpia Dessert using 5 simple ingredients and 6 easy steps. Learn how to achieve that.
Ingredients of Turon Filipino Banana Lumpia Dessert
- You need 6 of Saba bananas.
- You need 1 cup of ripe jackfruit.
- Prepare 1 1/2 cup of brown sugar.
- Prepare 12 pieces of spring roll wrappers.
- Prepare 2 cup of cooking oil.
Turon is a popular Filipino snack that's sweet, crunchy, and satisfying. Ripe saba banana, jackfruit, and brown sugar are rolled together in a flour lumpia wrapper and fried to a golden Typically served for merienda (Filipino afternoon snack) or dessert, turon has the perfect blend of flavor and texture. This banana lumpia is my take on a tasty Filipino treat! Bananas, fried in lumpia wrappers with brown sugar, and covered with caramel.
Turon Filipino Banana Lumpia Dessert instructions
- Roll banana on brown sugar. Making sure you coat the entire banana with a lot of sugar.
- Place the banana coated with brown sugar in the spring roll wrapper and add some jackfruit.
- Fold and wrap spring roll wrapper sealing it with water or homemade paste (see my lumpia recipe for directions on how to make paste).
- In a pan, heat up the oil and put brown sugar and wait until the brown sugar floats.
- Put in the wrapped bananas and fry until the wrapper turns golden brown and the extra sugar sticks on the wrapper.
- Serve hot with or without ice cream on top! Enjoy!.
I've actually been meaning to make banana lumpia (aka turon) since I saw it in a Filipino cookbook a few months ago. Turon (Filipino Fried Banana Rolls)- The Little Epicurean. Turon is a popular Filipino snack that's sweet, crunchy, and satisfying. This Turon recipe ( Banana Lumpia) is a perfect snack or dessert. A Popular dessert from the Philippines.