Bicol Express. Bicol Express is pure comfort food! With pork cubes cooked in coconut milk and chili peppers, it's rich, creamy, spicy and delicious! Serve with steamed rice for a hearty and big flavored meal!
Bicol Express, known natively in Bikol as sinilihan (lit. 'spiced with chili'), is a popular Filipino dish which was popularized in the district of Malate, Manila but made in traditional Bicolano style. It is a stew made from long chilies (siling mahaba in Tagalog), coconut milk, shrimp paste or stockfish, onion. Bicol Express, as the name implies is a specialty dish from the Bicol region. You can have Bicol Express using 9 easy ingredients and 7 easy steps. Learn how to achieve this tasty food.
Ingredients of Bicol Express
- Prepare 2 lbs of pork belly, cut into strips.
- You need 3 cups of coconut milk.
- Prepare 1 of medium onion, minced.
- You need 6 cloves of garlic, minced.
- It’s 3 tbsp of ginger, minced.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of shrimp paste (bagoong).
- Prepare 6 of thai chili peppers or serrano pepper.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of cooking oil.
- You need to taste of Salt & pepper.
It is a dish suited for those who love their food hot. Some Bicolanos sauté hot chili peppers and nothing else and enjoy this. THE TASTIEST & SPICIEST BICOL EXPRESS (exact ingredients below) BICOL EXPRESS is a popular Filipino dish. It is a spicy food made of pork, chilies.
Bicol Express instructions
- Take a wide pot or wok and heat cooking oil.
- Saute garlic, onion, & ginger.
- Add pork and continue cooking for 5-7 minutes or until the color becomes light brown.
- Add shrimp paste (bagoong) and Thai chili or serrano pepper and stir.
- Pour coconut milk and bring to boil. Simmer for 40 minutes or until the pork is tender.
- Season with salt & pepper to taste.
- Serve hot and enjoy!.
Bicol express is a spicy Filipino stew consisting of bite sized pieces of pork with chilies, coconut milk, shrimp paste (bagoong), onions, tomato and garlic. The dish is named after the train in the Bicol. Bicol Express is the name given to a popular dish which originated in the Bicol Region of the Philippines. It is a stew made with red hot chilli peppers (siling labuyo in Philippines), coconut milk. Bicol Express is a Filipino dish of browned pork cooked with finger chilies and coconut cream.