Sardine Umeboshi Ginger Simmer.
This Yummy Sardine Umeboshi Ginger Simmer using 10 easy ingredients and 4 easy steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Sardine Umeboshi Ginger Simmer
- It’s 8 medium of sized Sardines.
- Prepare 150 ml of Sake.
- It’s 150 ml of Water.
- It’s 1 tbsp of Sugar.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of Mirin.
- It’s 2 tbsp of Soy sauce.
- It’s 2 large of Umeboshi.
- You need 10 grams of Thinly sliced ginger (or tubed ginger).
- You need 200 ml of ●Water.
- You need 4 tbsp of ●Vinegar.
Sardine Umeboshi Ginger Simmer step by step
- If using sardines with the heads still attached, remove the heads and fins, and scoop the innards..
- It'll look like this after you finish. Thoroughly wash out any bloody parts down to the center spine. If you lightly scrape off the scales, it'll come off easily..
- Place the finished side facing up in a pot, cover with a drop-lid, add the ● water and vinegar, and simmer for 10 minutes. If you don't have a drop-lid, use a sheet of aluminum foil. Be sure to cook on low heat!.
- Discard the simmering juices from Step 3 and add the other seasoning ingredients. Add the umeboshi (pound the flesh with your palsm), the pit, and the ginger. Cover with a drop-lid and simmer for about 20 minutes, and it's complete..