Bicol Express. Bicol Express is pure comfort food! With pork cubes cooked in coconut milk and chili peppers, it's rich, creamy, spicy and delicious! Serve with steamed rice for a hearty and big flavored meal!
Bicol Express, known natively in Bikol as sinilihan (lit. 'spiced with chili'), is a popular Filipino dish which was popularized in the district of Malate, Manila but made in traditional Bicolano style. It is a stew made from long chilies (siling mahaba in Tagalog), coconut milk, shrimp paste or stockfish, onion. Bicol Express, as the name implies is a specialty dish from the Bicol region. This Perfect Bicol Express using 8 simple ingredients and 6 simple steps. Learn how to cook yummy food.
Ingredients of Bicol Express
- You need 6 cups of Coconut milk.
- You need 2 lbs of pork cut into strips.
- You need of Shrimp paste.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of garlic (minced).
- You need 6 pcs of Siling haba.
- Prepare of Ginger (grated).
- Prepare 1 of large onion (cubed).
- It’s of Salt & pepper.
It is a dish suited for those who love their food hot. Some Bicolanos sauté hot chili peppers and nothing else and enjoy this. Bicol express is a spicy Filipino stew consisting of bite sized pieces of pork with chilies, coconut milk, shrimp paste (bagoong), onions, tomato and garlic. The dish is named after the train in the Bicol.
Bicol Express instructions
- Saute garlic, onion and ginger.
- Add the pork, cook for 5-7mins.
- Add shrimp paste, cook for another 5mins.
- Add the chilis then the coconut milk.
- Simmer for 30-45mins.
- Add salt & pepper to taste.
THE TASTIEST & SPICIEST BICOL EXPRESS (exact ingredients below) BICOL EXPRESS is a popular Filipino dish. It is a spicy food made of pork, chilies. Proud To Be Albayano is with Makee Brecia and Rose Ann Pante. Try this Bicol Express Recipe from Bicol. Bicolanos are famous for their Bicol Express a hot and spicy dish cooked in coconut milk, pork and with lots of birds eye chili that makes it very hot.