Nilasing Na Hipon (Shrimp Smothered in Beer). Nilasing na Hipon (sometimes called crispy fried drunken shrimp) is a popular dish in the Philippines. It makes use of whole medium sized shrimp with head The next part is the preparation of the coating or the ingredients that makes the shrimp crispy. I use flour, cornstarch, and ground cayenne pepper.
Let's Eat Pinoy is all about. Nilasing na Hipon is a famous fried shrimp recipe in the Philippines. Nilasing na hipon or drunken shrimps is actually battered fried shrimps and marinated with Worcestershire Sauce, red chili, salt with a mixture To cook nilasing na hipon; Remove whiskers of shrimps. This Delicious Nilasing Na Hipon (Shrimp Smothered in Beer) using 13 simple ingredients and 11 simple steps. Learn how to cook this tasty food.
Ingredients of Nilasing Na Hipon (Shrimp Smothered in Beer)
- You need 2 of garlic bulbs.
- It’s 4 of onion, chopped.
- You need 1/3 of ginger chopped.
- Prepare 1 of kilogram shrimps.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of butter.
- You need 1 1/2 cup of cajun seasoning (extra paprika for extra spice).
- You need 3 1/2 cup of tomato paste.
- Prepare 4 tbsp of honey (the darker the better).
- You need 2 of salt.
- It’s 3 cup of beer.
- You need 5 pinch of ground black pepper.
- You need 1 1/2 cup of basil leaves. chopped ( you can buy dried versions of this ).
- It’s 2 1/2 tbsp of cornstarch.
Marinate shrimps in salt, pepper, garlic, Lea & Perrins Worcestershire Sauce, gin or beer. Nilasing na Hipon marinated in gin and deep-fried to golden perfection are the perfect beer match. Crispy and tasty, these drunken shrimp are seriously addictive. Nilasing na hipon (lit. "drunken shrimp"), is a Filipino dish consisting of whole unshelled shrimp marinated in alcohol and various spices, usually coated in batter, and then deep-fried.
Nilasing Na Hipon (Shrimp Smothered in Beer) step by step
- Marinate the shrimps with the cajun seasoning. And set aside for 1-3 hours or more. (Make sure to get the legs and the head out before marinating the shrimps).
- For the sauce, blend the garlic, onion and ginger into a paste..
- Sauté the garlic, onion and ginger paste until golden brown (around 5 mins).
- Add the tomato paste and cook for atleast 5-10 mins..
- Add pepper and salt gradually to each step of cooking the sauce.
- Add the beer and cook leave it for atleast 5 mins..
- Add the honey and the basil leaves and mix gradually..
- Mix the cornstarch with some water and mix it to the sauce. And leave it cooking on very low heat..
- For the shrimps, fry the shrimps with butter for 3- 5 mins.
- Put the shrimps in a serving plate and pour the sauce over the shrimps..
It is usually dipped in a vinegar-based sauce. Nilasing na hipon is a delicious crispy shrimp dish marinated in a cooking wine. Know here how to prepare and cook In this particular nilasing na hipon recipe, Shaoxing wine is used, though beer, brandy, or vodka can also be used. Then mix the ingredients using a. Nilasing na Hipon recipe is a dish for beer parties and is commonly sold in eateries and by some sidewalk vendors in the Philippines.