Simmered Sardines and Umeboshi.
You can cook Simmered Sardines and Umeboshi using 8 simple ingredients and 5 easy steps. Follow these simple steps to cook delicious meal.
Ingredients of Simmered Sardines and Umeboshi
- It’s 6 of Sardines.
- Prepare 50 ml of Sake ★.
- Prepare 80 ml of Mirin ★.
- Prepare 120 ml of Water ★.
- It’s 80 ml of Soy sauce ★.
- Prepare 2 1/2 tbsp of Sugar ★.
- You need 20 grams of Ginger ★.
- Prepare 3 large of Umeboshi.
Simmered Sardines and Umeboshi instructions
- Cut off the heads and the tails from the sardines. Cut in half, remove the innards, and rinse them..
- Add the ★ flavouring ingredients into a pot, and bring to a boil. Please adjust the taste to your liking at this point. Since the umeboshi will be added later, I made it a little bit sweet..
- Bring Step 2 to a boil, arrange the sardines, and add the umeboshi flesh without pits..
- Put a small lid that sits right on top of the food (otoshibuta), and simmer for about 15-20 minutes over medium heat, then turn off the heat. Letting it cool down, and heating it up again makes the sardines absorb the flavours better..
- Heat it up before eating..