Stuffed, Baked Fish adapted from The Rumford cookbook-1934.
This Appetizing Stuffed, Baked Fish adapted from The Rumford cookbook-1934 using 11 simple ingredients and 12 simple steps. Follow these simple steps to cook delicious meal.
Ingredients of Stuffed, Baked Fish adapted from The Rumford cookbook-1934
- Prepare of Stuffing.
- It’s 3 slice of stale bread.
- It’s 2 tbsp of chopped suet (or butter flavored Crisco).
- You need 1 of small onion finely minced.
- It’s 1 tbsp of chopped parsley.
- It’s 1 of small egg.
- It’s of Milk – if needed.
- You need of Drippings from bacon fat, (or butter flavored Crisco or butter).
- Prepare of Fish.
- You need 2 of firm, flat fish fillets.
- Prepare 1 of flour.
Stuffed, Baked Fish adapted from The Rumford cookbook-1934 step by step
- Prepare stuffing..
- Soak the bread in cold water until soft, drain and squeeze out the water and add the suet (Crisco) onion, parsley, seasonings and egg. Moisten if necessary with a little milk. The mixture must be just firm enough to keep its shape – and fill the fish..
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Dredge fish in the flour.
- Lay first fillet flat in well greased baking dish..
- Place stuffing on the fillet..
- Lay second fillet on top of stuffing covered fillet..
- Sew the fish or attach with Skewers..
- Put dripping, fat (or Crisco or butter) on top..
- The fish may be covered with a greased paper during the first half of the baking to prevent it becoming to brown..
- Bake at 350°F for approximate 30 minutes..
- Baste frequently with the fat in the pan adding more if needed. Unless baked fish is well basted it is likely to be dry. Serve with sauce or gravy..