Turkey Broth Wonton Soup. Wontons are served in a clear Chinese chicken broth. Sometimes with just wontons, sometimes with wontons and noodles, called "Combination Long and Short Soup" on Chinese restaurant menus. Recipe: Turkey Wonton Soup. by Nicholas Lomba.
I fill the wontons with ground turkey instead of pork or To start making this delicious wonton soup, take out a large pot and combine the ingredients for your soup. Turkey Wonton Soup is a delicious way to eat leaner and healthier, and a fantastic way to use up your leftover turkey carcass from Christmas or Thanksgiving. This soup tastes even better when it's entirely homemade, from the broth right through to the wonton wrappers. You can cook Turkey Broth Wonton Soup using 17 simple ingredients and 9 simple steps. Learn how to cook apetizing meal.
Ingredients of Turkey Broth Wonton Soup
- You need of Wontons.
- Prepare 1 of quarter pound ground pork.
- It’s 1 of quarter pound devein deshell shrimp, diced.
- It’s 2 of scallions.
- You need 1 tbsp of soy sauce.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of Shaoxing cooking wine.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of minced ginger.
- It’s 1 tbsp of sesame oil.
- It’s 1 packages of wonton wrapper.
- You need 1 each of egg, beaten set aside to seal wontons.
- You need of broth.
- Prepare 1 of turkey carcass.
- You need 1 of salt and pepper to taste.
- You need 3 quart of water (or enough to submerge your turkey carcass).
- It’s of garnish.
- You need 1 of scallion.
- You need 1 bunch of cilantro.
This wonton noodle soup recipe is comforting as it is authentic. Pork & shrimp wontons, chicken broth and HK style egg noodles make this wonton noodle soup. Cantonese Wonton Noodle Soup is such a basic, no-brainer bowl of noodles that you'll find at most Cantonese restaurants. Wonton Soup is like the chicken noodle soup of Chinese cooking.
Turkey Broth Wonton Soup step by step
- Place turkey carcass in water in a stock pot and bring to a boil (20min). Skim off foam and fat from the top. Continue to simmer on low heat for 3 hours. Skim off any foam from the top..
- While the broth is cooking, make your wontons..
- Place pork, shrimp, chopped scallions, minced ginger, soy, wine, sesame oil, salt pepper in a bowl. Mix to combine..
- Place wonton wrapper diagonally towards you. Place a teaspoon of meat onto the bottom corner of the wrapper..
- Fold 3 times upwards. Put your middle finger on the meatiest part of the wonton and twist upwards..
- Dab corners with egg mixture, twist and pinch corners together. Each wonton should look like a little boat..
- When all wontons are done, place in boiling water and bring to a boil. Put in 1 cup cold water, bring to a boil again, put in 1 cup cold water and bring to a boil one more time. It is done when the wontons float to the top. Remove from water..
- Place 5-10 cooked wontons in a bowl. Place broth on top of wontons. Place chopped scallion, chopped cilanto and white pepper on top and serve immediately..
- Since this recipe is for 6 servings, you can freeze and store any uncooked wonton. Frozen wontons can be stored for 2 weeks..
With its nourishing broth, vegetables and protein-filled pasta, it provides all the comfort needed to turn Wonton soup is served in virtually every Chinese restaurant and continues to be one of the most popular of all Chinese soups. A bowl of wonton soup is so hearty that I can eat one at any time of day and in any season of the year. I introduced two types of wonton broth in the recipe below. Wonton broth is supposed to be clear and thin. After boiling the wontons strain and add to the soup.