Easy Simmered Flounder.
This Yummy Easy Simmered Flounder using 6 simple ingredients and 13 easy steps. Follow these simple steps to cook yummy food.
Ingredients of Easy Simmered Flounder
- It’s 2 of pieces Flounder.
- You need 2 tbsp of Cooking sake.
- You need 2 1/2 tbsp of Mirin.
- You need 200 ml of Water.
- It’s 15 grams of Ginger.
- You need 2 tbsp of Soy sauce.
Easy Simmered Flounder instructions
- The flounder I used this time had eggs. To cook, you want to use a pot large enough that the fish pieces can fit side-by-side without overlapping. A frying pan would work fine..
- Make a slanted cut across the side which will be facing up (this is for decoration as well as to speed up the cooking time)..
- Bring the sake and the mirin to a boil in a pot to cook away the alcohol..
- When you can no longer smell the alcohol, add the water and bring to a boil again. Tip 1: always add the fish to the pot when it is boiling. Otherwise, the fishy smell will remain..
- Grate the ginger and add to the pot. (Julienned or sliced would be fine too. You can increase the amount if you want.).
- Add the flounder, being careful to not let the pieces overlap (the pieces are not completely submerged)..
- When it comes to a boil again, move around the pot to let the pieces bathe in the cooking liquid..
- Add the soy sauce..
- Fold aluminum foil or parchment paper as in the picture. Poke a hole in the middle..
- Use the folded aluminum as the otoshibuta. Tip 2: The otoshibuta will create convection, so that the parts that aren't submerged will cook through also..
- Simmer for 10-15 minutes, depending on the thickness of the pieces. Tip 3: Do not turn the pieces over. It'll fall apart..
- Remove from the pot using a spatula and put on a serving dish..
- Reduce the cooking liquid to your liking and top the fish with it to finish. Tip 4: It will burn if you reduce with the fish still inside..