Pan-fried fish with creamed spinach. Pan fried skin-on fish fillets with creamed spinach. It's simple: all you need is for the fish fillet skin to be really dry and the pan to be really hot. Before we get on to the details and secrets of how to perfectly cook a fish fillet in a pan, allow me a little rant on the semantics: there seems to be.
Heat the pan first before adding the oil – I have NEVER had problems with fish sticking to the pan since I adopted this technique. I prepare spinach like this routinely but never with onion so I knew when I saw this recipe I was going to love it. Using the ingredients called for I did prepare this a little differently. This Perfect Pan-fried fish with creamed spinach using 14 simple ingredients and 6 simple steps. This is guide how cook that.
Ingredients of Pan-fried fish with creamed spinach
- It’s 1-2 of scaled fish fillets per person: bass, bream, haddock, hake or snapper, as long as they are not too thick (1-1 ½ inch).
- You need of salt and pepper.
- Prepare of plain flour for dusting (optional).
- Prepare of oil for frying.
- It’s 1 tbsp. of butter.
- It’s of lemon wedges for serving.
- You need of For the creamed spinach:.
- Prepare 300 g of fresh spinach or a bag of frozen.
- You need 1 tbsp. of butter.
- Prepare 2 cloves of garlic, peeled and pressed.
- Prepare 200 ml of double cream.
- You need 1/2 tsp of grated nutmeg.
- It’s of salt and pepper.
- It’s 3-4 tbsp. of grated Parmesan.
Fish and lemon are a great match and when fennel, capers and cream are added it becomes sublime! Serve over wedges of crisp cos lettuce as an alternative to a green vegetable. Pan-Fried Fish with Spinach and Zucchini Noodles. Pan-Fried Fish with Lemon Butter SauceRecipesPlus.
Pan-fried fish with creamed spinach step by step
- For the creamed spinach: thaw the frozen spinach, wash the leaves if using fresh. Blanch it with boiling water or microwave for 3-4 minutes on full power. Leave to cool..
- Squeeze most moisture from either the blanched or the thawed spinach and chop it roughly..
- Melt the butter in a medium pan, add the pressed garlic and let it sizzle for a few seconds. Pour in the cream and turn up the heat. Season with the nutmeg, salt and pepper and cook down for about 3 minutes. Stir in the grated cheese and cook for further 2 or 3 minutes. Add the spinach to the mixture, stir in and cook on medium heat with the lid on for 10 minutes plus further 5 or 10 with the lid off, to let most of the liquid evaporate..
- Now cook the fish: rinse the fillets and pat dry very well, especially the skin side. Score the skin across two or three times on each fillet. Season the skin side with salt and pepper and lightly dust with flour if you like, shake off the excess..
- Heat a little oil in a heavy pan or skillet – make sure it’s very hot. Place the fillets in the pan, skin side down and press gently with a fish slice to stop them curling. Season the flesh side with salt and pepper. Cook for about 3 minutes until the flesh around the edges turns opaque and the skin is crisp..
- Turn off the heat and flip the fillets over – they will cook on the residual heat in the pan. Add a knob of butter and swirl it around, basting the fish. Leave the fillets there for a minute. Transfer to warm plates and serve with the spinach..
Pan-Fried Fish with Creamy Lemon Sauce for TwoMyRecipes. Serve with fish fillets and lemon wedges if preferred. If you love great flavour with your meals give this Pan-Fried Hake With Creamed Spinach, Onions & Mushrooms dish a try! Find this and more great recipes. With a rich cream sauce, sweet leeks and golden pan-fried cod, this meal is a delicious way to use fresh This gorgeous fish dish is the perfect meal to make them think you're a bit of a masterchef.