Taisen's crab stuffed mushrooms. When cleaning mushrooms, don't run them under water. They are like little sponges, and will absorb it; just wipe them clean with a damp towel. The filling can be made with fresh, canned, or imitation crabmeat.
They are easy to prepare and delicious for your holiday entertaining. Crab-stuffed mushrooms are very easy to prepare and bake for a party. Your guests and family will love them. This Tasty Taisen's crab stuffed mushrooms using 10 simple ingredients and 16 easy steps. Learn how to achieve it.
Ingredients of Taisen's crab stuffed mushrooms
- You need 1-2 of fresh crab meat, canned, or plastic tub (depending on how much you want and how many mushrooms) lump crab meat, special crab meat or claw. you can also use fresh steamed crab meat.
- Prepare 1 packages of to 2 of fresh Portobello mushrooms.
- You need 1 of butter (you want to give the mushrooms a bit of a butter flavor, with the seasonings.).
- You need 1 of old bay.
- Prepare 1 of pepper.
- You need 1 of garlic. powder or fresh.
- You need 1 of regular mustard or Dijon (you don't want a lot of this, just a small amount).
- You need 1 of mayonnaise (you want to use just enough to have a nice consistently. Don't over do it. Add a little at a time).
- It’s 1 of onion diced if you prefer (you don't need a full onion).
- Prepare 1 of celery diced (you don't need much).
Change them up with shrimp, cheese, or meat. Crabmeat and bread crumbs make up a simple and very tasty stuffing for mushrooms. The crab stuffing is loaded with texture and buttery. Crab Stuffed mushrooms are really easy to make!
Taisen's crab stuffed mushrooms step by step
- Open the crab meat. go through it to check for shells if you bought pre picked lump crab. if you are using fresh steamed crab pick through. put crab meat into a bowl and set aside in the fridge covered.
- Dice onion, garlic if using fresh and celery if your using these..
- Cut out the stems of the mushrooms. you can also chop the stems finely to add into the crab meat if you like..
- Rinse or just clean the mushrooms. some people like to wipe them but I rinse clean.
- Pre heat oven to 350.
- Heat a frying pan with butter pepper old bay and garlic. eyeball it. don't add to much spice unless you want these spicy as you will be adding additional spice later.
- Put the mushroom caps in the frying pan. saute them for about 10 to 20 minutes. turning them over a few times. you want some of the flavors to get into the mushrooms. you can cook longer or shorter if you like.
- Pull out mushrooms and set on a plate. reserve liquid from the frying pan.
- Pull out crab meat and anything else you are adding into the mix..
- Add mayonnaise mustard and spices into the crab meat. mix well. don't make it to runny. you want this thick.
- Scoop crab mix into each mushroom cap. I usually add in the left over butter and garlic from the frying pan, but I didn't have much left so I added butter. You can use something else instead of butter..
- Get a casserole dish or a tin pan..
- Add the reserved liquid to the bottom of the pan. place mushrooms on top of liquid..
- Sprinkle old bay on top. bake covered for 15 to 25 minutes.
- Pull out the caps and remove foil. bake for additional time depending on your taste. I like mine to be a bit brown on top. I just watch them constantly to keep them from burning.
- Serve and enjoy.
Use a damp paper towel to clean the outside of the mushrooms. To make these simple crab stuffed mushrooms you need crab meat, lemons, piquante peppers, mayonnaise, chives, and green onions. Crab stuffed mushrooms recipe is going to win you over! The crab leaves you with an amazing tasting appetizer that can be used a party food or for These crab stuffed mushrooms have remained one of my most reliable recipes for years. They always garner a bunch of compliments and I have.