Fish pie. Fish pie, also known as fisherman's pie, is a traditional British dish. The pie is usually made with white, often smoked, fish (for example cod, haddock or halibut) in a white sauce or cheddar cheese sauce made using the milk the fish was poached in. Fish expert Mitch Tonks' fish pie recipe has bags of flavour from the smoked haddock, prawns and cod.
A Fish Pie fit for a king! Flakes of fish smothered in a creamy sauce, topped with mashed potato and a crunchy golden top. Use both smoked and unsmoked fish for best results – and it's economical! "This delicious fish pie is a great excuse to pack in the veg, so use whatever you have to hand – even frozen peas! This Yummy Fish pie using 13 simple ingredients and 9 simple steps. Follow these simple steps to cook apetizing meal.
Ingredients of Fish pie
- You need 500 grams of flour.
- Prepare 250 grams of magarine.
- It’s of Baking powder.
- It’s of Fried mashed mackerel fish.
- Prepare of Carrots diced.
- You need of Irish potatoes parboiled and diced.
- You need of Seasoning.
- Prepare of Salt.
- It’s of Onions.
- Prepare of Thyme.
- You need of Curry.
- Prepare 2 tablespoon of flour for the filling.
- Prepare 4 tablespoon of vegetable oil.
This article is about the cooked version. For the raw version, see Raw fish pie. Try these fish pie recipes today – we have an easy fish pie for the family, a light and healthy fish Create a delicious fish pie sauce, try a different fish pie mix and get inspired by new ideas for the. British fish pie is quick and easy to make; filled with poached fish, leeks, and mashed potatoes, it's a This British fish pie recipe is easy to make and can be economical to cook.
Fish pie instructions
- Add flour, baking powder, magarine, mix till it gets crumbly. Add water gradually to get a pliable dough and set aside..
- Add the oil to pan, sauté onions for two minutes. Add the curry and thyme..
- Add the Irish potatoes, diced carrots, mashed fried fish. Allow to cook for some minutes.
- Add the 2tablespoon flour to water and add it to the filling on heat. Add seasoning..
- Mix thoroughly and taste for salt..
- Bring down from heat.
- Get a cutter, cut out a round circle or any shape of your choice..
- Add the filling, brush the insides with egg wash and seal.
- Bake for 35minutes or until it turns brown..
It calls for pieces of a. This is how to make my Fish Pie with Cheesy Mash. This Fish Pie recipe has been handed down through generations. Most fish pie recipes require pre-cooked fish, but a nicer way is to bake it from raw and invest in a bottle of Noilly Prat – Read the full recipe here. This delicious fish pie brimming with seafood & fresh fish. with a cheesy potato topping is a tasty dinner idea.