Well-Flavoured Simmered Taro Roots, Daikon Radish, and Squid.
This Perfect Well-Flavoured Simmered Taro Roots, Daikon Radish, and Squid using 11 easy ingredients and 6 easy steps. Follow these simple steps to achieve delicious meal.
Ingredients of Well-Flavoured Simmered Taro Roots, Daikon Radish, and Squid
- It’s 4 of Taro root.
- Prepare 1/2 of Daikon radish.
- It’s 1 of Squid.
- Prepare 100 ml of ●Water.
- You need 3 tbsp of ●Sake.
- Prepare 3 tbsp of ●Mirin.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of ●Sugar.
- You need 1 tbsp of ●Usukuchi soy sauce.
- It’s 3 tbsp of ●Soy sauce.
- Prepare 300 ml of Dashi stock (bonito dashi powder: 1 teaspoon).
- Prepare 1/2 of thumbtip's worth Ginger.
Well-Flavoured Simmered Taro Roots, Daikon Radish, and Squid step by step
- Peel the satoimo, and cut large ones into half to match the size. Massage with a little bit of salt, and rinse in water to remove the stickiness..
- Peel the daikon radish, cut in half lengthwise, and into 1 cm wide slices..
- Remove the entrails from the squid, and wash the body and tentacles really well. Cut the body into 1 cm thin round slices. Cut off the tips of the tentacles, and cut in half..
- Add the ● ingredients into a pot, and bring to a boil. Add the squid, simmer for 2-3 minutes, and remove from the pot. Add the 300 ml of dashi stock, taro imo, and daikon radish..
- Put a small lid that sits right on top of the food (an "otoshibuta"), and turn up the heat to high. When it starts to boiling, turn down the heat a little bit, and simmer. Insert a bamboo skewer into the vegetables, and if it goes through smoothly, return the squid to the pot..
- Simmer until the liquid boils down. Shake the pot to coat the vegetables with the sauce. Serve on a plate, garnish with shredded ginger, and you're done..