Bean pottage with plantain, Irish and sweet potatoes. This One-Pot Beans and Plantains recipe (bean pottage I hear my Nigerian friends call it) is finger-licking street food at its best – think filling protein from the black-eyed beans, flavour from the palm oil and fish and a little hint of sweetness via the plantains. For lovers of sweet things, the unripe plantain pottage alone, somehow, is a dish that is not as interesting as it sounds. Not to worry; this is the recipe for you.
This Irish Potato Fish Pottage is bursting with flavour and colours, which is one of the attractions for kids when eating. A colourful plate also connotes a healthy To make this meal more enjoyable for kids, ripe plantain is added to it and this is definitely one way to use up your overripe plantain at home. The sweet potatoes and plantains are roasted so they are creamy on the inside and caramelized on the outside. You can have Bean pottage with plantain, Irish and sweet potatoes using 12 simple ingredients and 4 easy steps. Follow these simple steps to cook this tasty food.
Ingredients of Bean pottage with plantain, Irish and sweet potatoes
- Prepare 2 cups of Beans.
- It’s 4 pcs of Plantain.
- Prepare 1 pc of Sweet potatoes.
- You need 4 pcs of Irish potatoes.
- Prepare of Dry fish.
- Prepare of Crayfish.
- Prepare of Onion.
- It’s of Red pepper.
- Prepare of Red oil.
- Prepare of Ginger and garlic.
- It’s of Seasoning.
- It’s to taste of Salt.
Add the plantains and sweet potato to a bowl with the olive oil and all the spices. Spread the plantain and sweet potatoes across the baking sheet in a single layer. Unripe Plantain Pottage is a yummy Nigerian plantain pottage recipe. Traditionally, Plantain pottage can be prepared using ripe, unripe or Unripe plantain pottage is prepared with just unripe plantain though some people incorporate small amounts of ripe plantain to give it a little bit of sweetness.
Bean pottage with plantain, Irish and sweet potatoes instructions
- Perboil the beans, I always do this by adding the beans into a boiling water, allow to cook for 3 min then seive and add another water add onions n cook till the beans is soft or almost soft.
- Cut the plantain, Irish and sweet potatoes in desired shape, blend pepper, ginger and garlic, rinse fish and crayfish with salt warm water and set aside.
- Add plantain, potatoes (don't forget to rinse and peel the potatoes before adding it) fish, pepper, salt, seasoning to it, if the water is a bit dry add about 1 and half cup of water, cover the pot n let it cook for 20-25mins.
- Add red oil and cover for 10mins, after than open n stir.. Gbam food is ready.
Sweet Potato & Lime Taquitos ⋆ This Mess is Ours. Plantain, Sweet Potato, and Black Bean Tostadas. Once the sweet potatoes and plantains are finished cooking, turn off the oven. Remove the sweet potatoes and plantains from the baking sheet and transfer to large plates; discard the parchment. I'm not sure where the recipe for plantain pottage originated, but this dish is common in Nigeria.