Potato farls with eggs, smoked salmon and spinach. Serve poached eggs on potato pancakes, with hollandaise. Serve plated with smoked salmon and wilted spinach. Learn how to make Potato farls & poached egg and get the Smartpoints of the recipes.
The word farl originates from the Gaelic word fardel meaning four parts. These potato griddle breads can be made with leftover mashed potatoes too. Bring a large pan of salted water to the boil. This Delicious Potato farls with eggs, smoked salmon and spinach using 6 simple ingredients and 4 simple steps. Follow these simple steps to cook this tasty food.
Ingredients of Potato farls with eggs, smoked salmon and spinach
- Prepare 4 pack of potato slims or farls.
- You need 2-4 of eggs (British Lion Stamped).
- It’s 100 g of pack of smoked salmon.
- You need 100 g of fresh spinach.
- Prepare of Butter and olive oil.
- Prepare of Salt and pepper for seasoning.
The result was this Smoked Salmon, Potato Rösti and Poached Eggs dish, and it turned out really well! Potato farls also work well in any recipe that would normally use a muffin, so top them At lunch or supper they go particularly well with smoked fish, grated beetroot salad and horseradish cream. • Try making potato farls with fine oatmeal instead of flour. It provides a coarser texture and nuttier flavour. Because my first recipe for sweet potato toast was such a hit, I have a second variation for you with avocado, cucumber, smoked salmon and a poached But today, I'm looooving the smoked salmon and cucumber mix.
Potato farls with eggs, smoked salmon and spinach step by step
- Melt a knob of butter in a pan with a dash of olive oil to prevent the butter burning. Cook potato farls until golden brown. Put cooked farls on a plate to one side..
- In the same pan cook the spinach until wilted. Use more butter if preferred. Put cooked a plate to one side..
- In the same pan fry eggs allowing 1 or 2 per person. Add more butter and olive oil if required. Cook sunny side up and ensure cooked thoroughly..
- Serve with potato farls bottom, spinach topped with smoked salmon and lastly the egg or eggs. Season with salt and pepper as desired..
It adds a whole new dimension that's crisp, clean and satisfying. A collection of people, places & small businesses that inspire me to do more with my life. Even if it just means to write about it. This sausage and sweet potato soup recipe is hearty, warming, and simple to make! Flavorful sausage and melt-in-your-mouth sweet potatoes taste like.