CARBONARA of the SEA!!!. Carbonara (Italian: [karboˈnaːra]) is an Italian pasta dish from Rome made with egg, hard cheese, cured pork, and black pepper. The dish arrived at its modern form, with its current name. I was worried at first because of the incorporation of the eggs without a previous preparation but everything turned out amazing.
Esta receta nace de la fusión entre la típica carbonara con nata y nuestra salsa al curry suave consiguiendo una receta de distinta, con un sabor delicado y que os prometo que os sorprenderá. Anímaros a probarla y ya sabéis …. a la cocina!! Ingredientes para hacer Carbonara al Curry. This Perfect CARBONARA of the SEA!!! using 23 easy ingredients and 11 simple steps. Learn how to cook yummy food.
Ingredients of CARBONARA of the SEA!!!
- Prepare of seafood.
- You need 300 grams of raw prawns, shells removed.
- It’s 2 of skinless salmon portion (250g each roughly) cut into lrg chunks.
- Prepare 300 grams of scollops.
- It’s 500 grams of small clams/pippies.
- You need 2 of squid tube, cut into rings.
- You need 1/2 cup of white wine.
- Prepare of sauce.
- It’s 50 grams of unsalted butter, cubed.
- It’s 1/2 cup of white wine (optional) but recommended.
- Prepare 6 of eggs, separated.
- It’s 1/4 cup of parsley, chopped finely + extra for serving.
- You need 1 of salt and pepper.
- You need of prawn shells.
- Prepare of extra.
- It’s 3 of bacon rashes, roughly diced.
- Prepare 1 of red onion, chopped.
- It’s 3 of garlic, crushed.
- It’s of parmesan cheese.
- You need 1 of lemon, quartered for serving.
- You need of plain flour.
- Prepare of olive oil.
- It’s 400 grams of linguine pasta.
Carbonara is a relatively new phenomenon even in Italy. "A lot of the chefs and home cooks I've interviewed remember it being introduced in the For all the purist hand-wringing about the addition of cream, it's not going to ruin the dish; it just won't be carbonara anymore (Italian cookbook author Biba. The majority of chefs agree that "true" carbonara has guanciale and not bacon or pancetta, although both make fine substitutions. The key to good spaghetti alla carbonara, like any good piece of cooking (and especially this one), is the quality of the ingredients. And that was all it took.
CARBONARA of the SEA!!! step by step
- In a large fry pan, med-high heat, drizzle some olive oil then add the bacon, onion and garlic. Cook until soften but not crispy. Remove and place into a bowl..
- In same pan add the prawns, salmon and scollops. We're needing a nice brown colour but also slightly undercooked. Then set aside, on a plate..
- Still in the same pan. Save the juices from the seadfood. Add the prawn shells and cook off while crushing them. 20 minutes. With the lid on to produce liquid. Add the wine. Cook for another 10 minutes to cook off the alcohol and also still crushing the prawn shells to bring out maximum flavour. Strain in fine strainer, discard the shells. Add stock back to pan..
- Meanwhile, in a large pot, boil salted water. Add pasta, cook until al dante (slightly undercooked)..
- Sauce- Reduce the heat. Remove pan from heat to cool slightly then add the egg yolks and wisk. Then place back onto low heat and continue to whisk for roughly 10-15 minutes or until sauce thickens. Every now n then take pan off heat to control the temperature. Needs to be quite thick. Once thickened, slowly add the butter, cpl cubes at a time and whisk. Turn heat off..
- Meanwhile dry the squid rings thoroughly with paper towel. In a bowl, add flour and season. Toss the squid rings thoroughly and remove. Shake off any excess flour. Cook in batches in a deep fryer or shallow fry on the stove, until golden. Remove and drain on paper towels..
- Drain pasta..
- In the pot used for the pasta, med-high heat. Put in the clams/pippies and the wine. Lid on. Steam. Tossing gently every minute. Remove opened pippes. Lid on and shake. Repeat. Discard any unopened pippies after 10 minutes (if frozen) 5 minutes (if not frozen). Add 1/4 to 1/2 cup of the liquid to the sauce to thin it. Stir, taste and season if needed. Stir in the parsley and the onion, bacon mixture..
- Add pasta, the rest of the seafood (except squid) to the sauce and toss gently. Add more pasta water if needed..
- Pour on to a large platter and place the squid rings on top. Grate over some parmesan cheese and sprinkle over extra parsley and lemon quarters. Serve immediately..
- Note: if the sauce is to rich for your liking then add a teaspoon of sour cream. I also served this with crispy salmon skin and spring onions..
I will keep searching for a good quality meat service to take the place of the old company that broke our hearts. In the meantime, you can still enjoy this sensational Chicken Carbonara recipe. This is my very simple version of a delicious, creamy carbonara. Fantastic comfort food in the form of soft, home-made gnocchi in a rich and creamy Carbonara sauce. When you've added enough flour to result in a soft dough, break tennis ball sized pieces off of the dough and roll into long strips on a floured surface.