Seafood and Chicken Paella.
You can cook Seafood and Chicken Paella using 21 easy ingredients and 13 easy steps. This is guide how cook yummy food.
Ingredients of Seafood and Chicken Paella
- It’s 28 grams of butter.
- You need 3 tbsp of olive oil.
- You need 4 of chicken breasts cut into bite size pieces.
- It’s 200 grams of chorizo cut into thin slices.
- Prepare 1/4 tsp of saffron strands.
- You need 1 large of onion finely chopped.
- Prepare 6 clove of garlic peeled and finely chopped.
- Prepare 1 of green pepper diced.
- Prepare 1 of red pepper diced.
- Prepare 3/4 cup of paella rice.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of thyme leaf.
- Prepare 946 ml of chicken stock.
- Prepare 1 cup of dry white wine.
- It’s 4 large of tomatoes de-seeded and diced.
- It’s 1 tsp of chilli flakes or 1 chilli finely chopped.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of paprika.
- It’s 1 cup of peas.
- It’s 6 large of king prawns.
- Prepare 350 grams of prawns.
- You need 300 grams of squid cut into bite sized pieces.
- Prepare 1/2 kg of mussels.
Seafood and Chicken Paella instructions
- Heat half the olive oil and butter in a large flat bottom pan over medium heat. Get another pan ready for your seafood for later, and a pan with a tight fitting lid for your mussels for later..
- Fry chicken breasts for a couple of minutes to seal the meat and then remove from pan and set aside..
- Fry chorizo until slightly crisp. Get your hot chicken stock ready and add saffron to the stock..
- Add onions and 5 cloves of garlic and fry until soft..
- Add thyme, chilli flakes and rice. Stir until rice is coated with oil. Turn down heat if rice starts to stick to the bottom of the pan..
- Add paprika and 3/4 cup of wine. The rest of the wine you will use for the mussels later..
- When wine starts to bubble add the part cooked chicken and about 1 and 1/2 pints of chicken stock. Add tomatoes, peppers and peas. Turn down heat and cook for about 10 minutes. Don't take your eye of the pan because this rice is like a sponge. If it sticks or feels to thick add a little more stock. If is to thin it will reduce down so don't panic..
- Now is the time to put the cat out. Heat rest of oil and garlic and butter in your other pan. Fry king prawns over a medium heat for about 1 minute each side. Add to paella. Try to keep some oil you have a little more to do..
- Put mussels into remaining pan with the rest of the wine and cook over a moderate to high heat for about 5 minutes. Keep lid on pan as the steam will cook the mussels. Give the pan a shake every minute or so. when mussels are open remove from heat but leave in pan. Discard any mussels that are not open..
- While the mussels are cooking fry prawns for about 1 minute. Add to paella..
- Now add squid to pan for no more than 1 minute and add to paella..
- Add mussels to paella. Mix them in or decoarate the pan with them (see photo)..
- Lemon and parsley to garnish. Let the cat in and enjoy..