Spicy Seafood Paella.
You can cook Spicy Seafood Paella using 19 easy ingredients and 7 simple steps. Learn how to achieve yummy food.
Ingredients of Spicy Seafood Paella
- You need 6 cups of clam seafood broth or.
- You need 1 tsp of saffron thread.
- It’s 600 grams of white fish fillet.
- You need 1 of mussels dzn.
- Prepare 1 of clams dzn.
- Prepare 12 of prawns.
- You need to taste of sea salt.
- You need 2 tablespoons of parsley chopped.
- You need 1 tablespoon of thyme chopped.
- You need 5 cloves of garlic crushed.
- You need 2 teaspoons of paprika sweet smoked.
- You need 1 teaspoon of chilli powder.
- Prepare 8 tablespoons of olive oil.
- You need 1 of onion medium finally chopped.
- It’s 4 of scallions spring onions / finally chopped.
- It’s 1 of / red bell peppercapsicum finally chopped.
- You need 1 of tomato large finally chopped.
- It’s 2 cups of rice bomba paella.
- Prepare 1 bunch of coriander leaves finally chopped.
Spicy Seafood Paella instructions
- Heat the broth in a large pot. Stir in the saffron and keep aside..
- Pat fish dry, sprinkle with salt and set aside for 10 minutes..
- With a pestle and mortar, crush the parsley, garlic, thyme, and 1 teaspoon of salt. Add a little bit of water and all the paprika to form a paste..
- Heat 6 tbls of oil in the paella pan (I used a 15") and slightly fry the fish for 1-2 mins and remove and set aside. In the same pan add the remaining oil, onions, spring onions and capsicum and cook for about 5-7 mins till soft. Add the paste, tomatoes and chilli powder and cook for further 5 minutes..
- Add the broth and bring to a boil. Sprinkle the rice evenly across the pan. Boil for 5 minutes stirring frequently. Now add the reserved fish and lower the heat. Do not stir after this point. Cook for a further 10 minutes. Taste for salt and add if needed..
- Now carefully place the prawns, clams and mussels over the rice with the shells so the open facing up. Cover the whole pan with foil and cook for a further 15-20 minutes. Remove from the heat and let sit for another 10 minutes..
- Remove the foil, sprinkle chopped coriander and serve hot with lemon wedges..