Mussels in White Wine Sauce. Mussels steamed in white wine and served in a sauce made from the cooking liquid with butter and shallots is a classic French preparation of mussels, moules mariniere. This is Guy's method for moules mariniere, the way he grew up making it in France, and one of the easiest and loveliest ways of. Rinse and scrub mussels under cold water.
Add mussels, cover, and increase heat to high. Steamed mussels with white wine is a classic dish and it's incredibly easy to make. The recipe below will serve four people for dinner. This Perfect Mussels in White Wine Sauce using 14 simple ingredients and 10 easy steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Mussels in White Wine Sauce
- It’s 1 medium of onion (finely chopped).
- You need 3 tbsp of olive oil.
- You need 2 of garlic cloves (minced).
- You need 1 tsp of plain flour.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of dry white wine.
- It’s 1 of bay leaf.
- It’s 1/4 tsp of ground black pepper.
- It’s 1/4 tsp of kosher salt or sea salt.
- You need 1 tbsp of flat leaf parsley (finely chopped).
- It’s 1 kg of Fresh mussels (scrubbed, debearded and cleaned of sand).
- You need 1 of Fresh red chilli, sliced or chilli powder (optional).
- It’s 1 tbsp of tomato paste.
- It’s 1 tsp of freshly squeezed lemon juice.
- You need 50 ml of water (more or less).
The mussels' natural juices combine with the white wine and butter to make its own sauce, and it really is a heavenly, golden elixir of which you'll want to savor every last. Mussels are simmered in a white wine sauce with a hint of cream and hot chile peppers for a spicy appetizer or side dish. Simmer Ina Garten's recipe for Mussels in White Wine on the stovetop with garlic, saffron and plum tomatoes for an easy yet elegant meal. With the lid on, shake the pot once or twice to be sure the mussels don't burn on the bottom.
Mussels in White Wine Sauce step by step
- Heat the olive oil in a pot on a high medium heat..
- Sauté the onion and garlic until the onion has softened..
- Stir in the flour, and cook for around 1 minute..
- Next add the bay leaf, lemon juice, white wine, salt and pepper..
- Simmer and cover with lid for around 5 minutes..
- Add the tomato paste and stir. Simmer for another 3-5 minutes..
- Add the mussels to the pot and stir. Simmer the mussels for around 5-10 minutes or until they have opened their shells..
- Add water and toss the pan if the liquid thickens too much..
- Check seasoning prior to turning the heat off..
- Lastly, sprinkle with the parsley, stir well and serve..
Simple recipe for preparing mussels in white wine sauce, also known as mussels marinière. The mussels are steamed in a broth with butter, white wine, garlic, shallots, parsley, thyme. Steamed mussels prepared Provencal-style for a taste of southeastern France. This seafood delicacy comes together with the help of white wine and garlic. Cover with a damp paper towel or cloth.