Mussels in a garlic tomato sauce. Mussels have three things going for them: They're cheap, quick to cook, and delicious. Using clean farmed mussels negates their one big Suggested Pairing. Every Mediterranean country has its version of shellfish in a tomato-based broth, and the wine of choice for each is an earthy, full-bodied.
Fresh mussels steamed in tomato sauce and served over pasta is the ultimate comfort food! Luckily, fresh mussels are readily available these days AND Start the sauce with some bacon in a skillet and the fat will start to melt. Then add the garlic, red pepper flakes, salt, and pepper, and cook for a minute. This Tasty Mussels in a garlic tomato sauce using 6 simple ingredients and 5 simple steps. Learn how to cook delicious meal.
Ingredients of Mussels in a garlic tomato sauce
- It’s 10 of mussels cooked.
- It’s 1 tsp of butter.
- It’s 1 clove of Garlic crushed.
- Prepare Pinch of salt and pepper.
- Prepare 4 tbls of tomatoe juice.
- It’s 1 tsp of tomato puree.
San Marzano plum tomatoes—known for their pure tomato flavor—are the secret supermarket find in this super quick simmering sauce. Add shallot and prosciutto; cook, stirring. View top rated Mussels in tomato garlic sauce recipes with ratings and reviews. Mussels in Tomato and Garlic Sauce.
Mussels in a garlic tomato sauce step by step
- Add the butter to the frying pan when its hot add the garlic.
- Fry for 1 minute then add the mussels fry and mix for a further minute then add the tomatoe juice.
- Tomatoe juice.
- When boiled for 5 minutes add the tomato puree mix in add the salt n pepper.
- Serve hot.sprinkle with parsley dried or fresh..
The flavors of the Mediterranean sing in this steamed mussel dish from Delish.com. In a pot over medium-low heat, melt butter. Throw yellow onion, garlic, fennel seeds and bay leaves in. Pour in beer and empty in sweet onion chunky tomatoes. Pulse tomatoes with juices in food processor just a few times to break down into a coarse purée; set aside.