Mussels In Spicy Sauce. The lusty combination of mussels and spicy red sauce is irresistible. Forget about serving this with pasta, you absolutely must have a loaf of crusty, chewy Italian or French bread to dip in the sauce. Make sure to put an empty bowl on the table to accommodate the shells.
Prep tip: Check the mussels while you clean them and discard any that are already open or that have cracked shells—they won't be fresh. Place mussels in cold water and thoroughly brush; remove beards, if necessary, with a small knife. Rinse well under running water and drain. This Appetizing Mussels In Spicy Sauce using 13 easy ingredients and 2 simple steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Mussels In Spicy Sauce
- It’s 1 Kg of Fresh mussels.
- Prepare 1 of Onion.
- You need 1 of Green pepper.
- Prepare 2 of Tomatoes.
- Prepare 6 of Garlic cloves.
- Prepare of Olive oil.
- It’s 100 g of Tomato puree.
- Prepare 3 of Small dried Cayenne peppers.
- It’s of Paprika powder.
- It’s of Sugar.
- You need of Salt.
- Prepare of White wine.
- You need of Water.
Cozze, or mussels, are a very popular dish in Italy, especially around Naples. It seems that just about every Italian American restaurant has some rendition of a mussels dish: alla Posillipo (spicy tomato sauce), alla marinara (mild fresh tomato sauce), and so on. Well, here is a spicy one. Learn how to make a spicy mussels recipe.
Mussels In Spicy Sauce step by step
- 1: Clean the mussel shells thoroughly with a scouring pad and leave to one side for later. 2: Chop the garlic, onion, pepper and tomato in very tiny pieces. 3: In a large cooking pot cover the base with olive oil and heat it up. 4: Add the garlic, onion, pepper, tomato and crushed cayenne peppers and fry until it is mushy. 5: Add the tomato puree, white wine, water, paprika, 1tsp of salt and 1tsp of sugar and stir..
- 6: Boil on medium to high heat until the wine and water has evaporated, leaving you with a nice and thick sauce. 7: Add the mussels and stir so that the sauce is mixed in with the mussels and continue boiling for 5 minutes on low heat. 8: Remove from heat and let it stand for a few minutes before serving. 9: Enjoy… With some fresh crusty bread dipped for dipping in the sauce!.
This is an easy and quick way to cook mussels with a delicious spicy tomato sauce. Try this recipe, you won't be. Served as part of Lidia Bastianich's Mussels in Spicy Tomato Sauce, there's no doubt about it. The sauce is savory and garlicky and has enough kick to save it from being pedestrian. For a spicier brew, you might use ground cayenne, but I preferred the subtler red pepper flakes.