Kallumakkaya (mussels) thoran. Please subscribe my channel for more recipes. A spicy dish, and very common in Northern Kerala (Malabar). It can be served as an appetizer or as a side dish with rice.
Wash and clean the mussels with shells. This will expel the sand and other solid wastes inside it. Отмена. Месяц бесплатно. kallumakkaya Fry – Kerala Mussels Fry. How to Kallumakkaya Varattiyathu – Kadukka Varattiyathu This Delicious Kallumakkaya (mussels) thoran using 14 easy ingredients and 7 easy steps. Follow these simple steps to cook this tasty food.
Ingredients of Kallumakkaya (mussels) thoran
- Prepare 1 of . Mussels / kallumakkaya – 250gm.
- Prepare 2 of . Turmeric powder – 1/2 tspn.
- You need 3 of . Water – 1/2 cup.
- Prepare 4 of . Grated coconut – 1 and half cup.
- Prepare 5 of . Turmeric powder – 1/2 tspn.
- It’s 6 of . Red chilli powder – 1 and half tspn.
- It’s 7 of . Garaam masala – 1 tspn.
- Prepare 8 of . Pepper powder – 1/2 tspn.
- You need 9 of . Greenchilli – 1.
- Prepare 10 of . Onion – 1/2 chopped.
- It’s 11 of . Curry leaves.
- It’s 12 of . Oil – 2 tbspn.
- Prepare 13 of . Onion – 1 chopped.
- Prepare 14 of . Ginger garlic paste – 1 tspn.
Wash and clean the mussels shells well and place them in pot with enough water and boil till the shells open. As I mentioned in my kallummakkaya fry recipe , here is another one. Kallumakkaya Fry – Kerala Mussels Fry. In most homes these are us.
Kallumakkaya (mussels) thoran step by step
- Clean and remove dirt from mussels and boil the mussels with 1/2 tspn turmeric powder, salt and half cup of water..
- Cook for 5 – 10 minutes and switch off the flame. Keep it aside..
- Grind grated coconut, 1/2 tspn turmeric powder, pepper powder, red chilli powder, garam masala, 1/2 chopped onion and some curry leaves. Grind it well..
- Heat oil in a pan, add 1 chopped onions and some curry leaves and saute it for a minutes..
- Add ginger garlic paste and saute it and add the grinded coconut mix and mix well..
- Add mussels and cook for 5 – 10 minutes..
- Mussels (kallumakkaya) thoran is ready to be served. Serve hot !.
Kallumakkaya Fry – Kerala Mussels Fry. Kallumakkaya is a type of sea food with shell. It is found in sea as well as fresh water. The one's found in Kerala are mostly from the sea. Divers collect these mussels early morning and sell them with the.