Mussel and tomato soup. Mussel soup, Italian style, is a sort of a hybrid between a pasta sauce and a soup, and really can go either way. As a soup, you need some crusty bread to sop up the briny tomato sauce, or you could drop in some small pasta shapes, such as elbows or orzo, and get the same effect. Heat olive oil in a large enameled casserole.
Mussels and other seafood cook really quickly so they're a great way to get a pot of soup done in no time. Add chopped onion, and garlic and cook until clear. Increase heat and add lemon juice, wine and water and bring to the boil. You can cook Mussel and tomato soup using 6 easy ingredients and 4 simple steps. This is guide how cook delicious meal.
Ingredients of Mussel and tomato soup
- Prepare 1 of kilo of fresh live mussels.
- It’s of Garlic.
- It’s of Olive oil.
- It’s of White wine.
- You need 300 g of chopped tomatoes.
- It’s of Fresh parsley.
Add the water, salt, pepper, and mussels to the pot. Cover and bring to a boil. Mussel Soup is the ultimate soup for any mussels fan. Fresh mussels are cooked in a rich tomato based broth, with wine, garlic and fresh parsley.
Mussel and tomato soup step by step
- Clean mussels, remove beard and rinse well. Drain mussels well. Fry garlic in oil for 1-2 mins on medium heat. Remove garlic.
- Add mussels and stir for 1 min. Add glug of wine and let it evaporate. Cover for 2 mins.
- Add tomatoes, cover again until they open. The natural water from the mussels makes it nice and soupy :).
- Serve with fresh parsley and crusty bread :).
Share "Mussel Soup with Avocado, Tomato,. Add the fish stock and reserved mussel cooking liquid and bring to a boil. Discard any mussels that have broken shells or that don't clamp shut when tapped. Add the mussels to the pot. Cook, shaking the pot occasionally, just until the mussels.