Spaghetti with mussels and fresh tomatoes. I liked the basil for the color and flavor, but probably did not chop it fine enough. I prefer a long pasta shape for this type of sauce, like spaghetti, bucatini, stringozzi. The only exception is this spaghetti dish, topped with fresh clams and mussels—even in landlocked Umbria, it's usually possible to find both bivalves at the market.
Cook spaghetti according to package directions. Only drain spaghetti, do not rinse. Spaghetti with tomatoes and mussels on a light background. You can cook Spaghetti with mussels and fresh tomatoes using 8 simple ingredients and 6 easy steps. Follow these simple steps to cook apetizing meal.
Ingredients of Spaghetti with mussels and fresh tomatoes
- You need 500 g of spaghetti.
- Prepare of About 250 g of fresh mussels.
- It’s Handful of chopped cherry tomatoes.
- You need of Olive oil.
- You need of Fresh parsley.
- It’s Clove of garlic.
- You need of Glug of wine.
- It’s to taste of Salt.
When my mom made spaghetti sauce, the house would smell so good that I'd open the windows to torture the neighbors. It even tastes wonderful the next day, when the flavors have really melded. —Vera Schulze, Holbrook, New York. The Spaghetti with Mussels recipe out of our category Mussel and Clam! Add spaghetti to mussels in the pan, sprinkle the parsley and mix everything thoroughly.
Spaghetti with mussels and fresh tomatoes step by step
- Clean mussels well, remove beard etc. Cook pasta according to instructions in salted water. Fry garlic gently in oil for 2 mins.
- Add mussels. Cover and cook on medium heat for 2 mins.
- Add wine and let it evaporate.
- Add chopped tomatoes, stir and cook uncovered for 2-3 mins. Remove garlic.
- Drain pasta al dente, add to sauce, add chopped parsley. Mix well for 1 min.
- Serve and enjoy :).
Transfer to plates and serve immediately. Fresh mussels steamed in tomato sauce and served over pasta is the ultimate comfort food! I would plan on eating any leftovers in a day or two by gently reheating the sauce and mussels over low heat on the stovetop with Mussels in White Wine Sauce. Here's how to make Instant Pot Spaghetti Sauce with fresh tomatoes. Cut the cored tomatoes in half horizontally.