Hoi Tod – Thai Crispy Pancake with Mussels. Thai style Crisp Fried Mussels Pancake – Hoy tod – หอยทอด Hoy tod (หอยทอด also sometimes spelled hoi tod) is a Thai style mussels omelet. Rice flour, fried chicken batter, corn starch, very cold water, chopped green onion, small mussels (or oyster, squid, or seafood as you prefer), fresh bean sprouts, rinsed, chopped garlic, soy sauce, thai pepper powder, egg, vegetable oil (for frying). Everybody likes their mussel pancakes crispy.
Delicious mediterranean mussels with copy space. coriander leaves. rice flour. mussels. palm sugar. Thai hot sauce. white pepper. coriander sprigs. When I buy mussels, often people ask me how I prepare them and I tell them of this amazing tasty easy Thai dish. This Appetizing Hoi Tod – Thai Crispy Pancake with Mussels using 14 easy ingredients and 5 easy steps. Here is how you achieve apetizing meal.
Ingredients of Hoi Tod – Thai Crispy Pancake with Mussels
- Prepare 1 pack of cooked mussels.
- You need 1 pack of beansprouts.
- It’s 1-2 tsp of soysauce.
- Prepare 1-2 tsp of fish sauce.
- It’s 2-3 of spring onions – finely chopped.
- Prepare 1 of Egg.
- You need 2-3 tbsp of vegetable cooking oil.
- You need of 1-2 stalks coriander.
- Prepare of Pancake mixture.
- It’s 1/2 cup of corn flour.
- It’s 1 cup of plain flour.
- It’s 2 cups of rice flour.
- Prepare 4-5 cups of cold water.
- You need of Salt and pepper so seasoning.
It is one of my favorite dishes to Remove the mussels from the steamer and allow them to cool. Then remove the meat from each shell, slice if any are extra large. It called Hoi Tod is Thai traditional. Fried Roti or Thai pancake with butter on pan in the market.
Hoi Tod – Thai Crispy Pancake with Mussels instructions
- Prepare mussels, mix the pancake mixture with cold water. Start with 3 cups first then add more if needed to. The consistency should be runny and lose.
- On a medium heat pan, put about 2 tbsp cooking oil in. Pour some pancake mixture in and swirl it round to cover the whole pan..
- Lay about 10-12 mussels on top of the pancake while it still cooking. Beat 1 egg add a little bit of spring onions in the egg mixture then pour it on top of pancake. Wait until the corner of the pancake starts to come off the pan you can turn pancake over..
- Once you turn over, leave it for a few minutes for pancake to cook and heat through the mussels. Then turn over and cook the other side for another 2-3 minutes.
- On another pan. Heat on and sautéed beansprouts for a min. Seasoning it with soysauce and fish sauce. To plate up, lay beansprouts on the plate and put pancake on top. Garnish with spring onions and coriander. Drizzle some Thai Sriracha sauce and have Sriracha sauce on the side too. Enjoy!.
Crisp fried oyster pancake in hot plate. Vietnamese stuffed crispy omelette it called Khanom Buang Yuan, food on banana leaves. Hoy tod (หอยทอด also sometimes spelled hoi tod) is a Thai style oyster or shellfish omelet. However, it's often more like a crispy pancake rather than an omelet in my opinion. This Sunday at Gourmet in the Gardens Hoi Tod Thai crispy fried mussel pancake Very yummy.