Mussels in a white wine & saffron sauce with oregano bruschette. Using your fingers or paring knife, remove beards (strings that hang from the mussel shells), and discard. In a large stockpot set over medium heat, combine wine, shallots, garlic, and salt. Steamed mussels prepared Provencal-style for a taste of southeastern France.
Once purchased immediately take them out of the plastic bag, store the mussels loose in a bowl. Mussels in white wine make an easy yet elegant Saturday (or anyday) meal. How to Steam Mussels in White Wine. This Delicious Mussels in a white wine & saffron sauce with oregano bruschette using 9 simple ingredients and 3 simple steps. Learn how to cook that.
Ingredients of Mussels in a white wine & saffron sauce with oregano bruschette
- You need 800 g of mussels.
- It’s of Small chopped onion.
- Prepare of Saffron.
- It’s 2-3 of bay leaves.
- It’s of Glug of white wine.
- It’s of Olive oil.
- Prepare to taste of Salt.
- You need of Bread for bruschette.
- You need of Oregano.
This is such an easy recipe to make, it just sounds a bit fancy. The hardest part is cleaning your mussels. They should be clean from barnacles, seaweed and debearded. Usually the mussels you buy are ready to use.
Mussels in a white wine & saffron sauce with oregano bruschette step by step
- Clean mussels well, removing beard, set aside. Fry onion gently in olive oil. Add bay leaves when softened. Cook for 1 min. Then add saffron and wine. Let wine evaporate.
- Add mussels with a sprinkle of salt. Cover and cook on medium heat for a few minutes until they open. Meanwhile, prepare the bruschette. Rub bread with garlic. Drizzle with olive oil. Sprinkle with oregano and place under a hot grill until brown on both sides.
- Enjoy 😁.
Fry the onions in a pot all the mussels. Steamed mussels with white wine is a classic dish and it's incredibly easy to make. The recipe below will serve four people for dinner. The mussels' natural juices combine with the white wine and butter to make its own sauce, and it really is a heavenly, golden elixir of which you'll want to savor every last. Jump to the Steamed Mussels Recipe with White Wine or read on to see our tips for making them.