Chickpea and mussel soup with homemade croutons.
You can have Chickpea and mussel soup with homemade croutons using 8 simple ingredients and 4 simple steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Chickpea and mussel soup with homemade croutons
- It’s 800 g of fresh mussels.
- Prepare 400 g of cooked chickpeas.
- Prepare of Chopped carrots onions and celery.
- You need 200 ml of hot fish stock.
- Prepare Tablespoon of passata sauce.
- You need to taste of Salt.
- You need of Bread for croutons.
- You need of Olive oil.
Chickpea and mussel soup with homemade croutons step by step
- Clean mussels. Put in a large pot without water or oil. Put lid on and turn on the heat. when they release their water and open, remove from heat and set a side to cool. Shell them saving 2 per person for decorating.
- Cook onions, carrots and celery in some oil. After a few minutes add the drained chickpeas. Cook for a min or two. Add stock and simmer for 5-6 minutes.
- Add passata sauce and simmer for another few minutes. Remove about half the sauce and whizz up using a hand blender. Put back in the pot. Stir and add more stock or water to your liking..
- Turn on the oven and chop the bread into small cubes. Drizzle with olive oil and bake for 6-7 mins at 200. Meanwhile, add mussels to soup and heat through. Serve in a bowl with croutons on top 😁.