Spicy couscous with mussels. Lay the couscous, and arrange the opened mussels around each portion of couscous, then ladle the broth from the pot over the mussels. Couscous has to be one of the most underrated ingredients in the kitchen. Made from semolina wheat, couscous is nutty, sweet, and versatile — it also happens to be incredibly quick-cooking.
The couscous should be tender and should have absorbed most of the liquid. The Mussels with Couscous recipe out of our category Mussel and Clam! Where's the full recipe – why can I only see the ingredients? This Delicious Spicy couscous with mussels using 9 easy ingredients and 4 simple steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Spicy couscous with mussels
- It’s 400 g of couscous.
- Prepare 800 g of mussels, cleaned, beard removed.
- Prepare to taste of Fresh chilli.
- You need 1 of courgette.
- It’s 800 ml of hot stock.
- You need Tablespoon of passata sauce.
- Prepare to taste of Salt.
- You need of Lemon and basil to serve.
- It’s of Olive oil.
Always check the publication for a full list of ingredients. Spicy couscous is a dish that is Ideal with grilled and roasted meats or as a vegetarian alternative. Spiced mussels and pumpkin tagine with couscous. My sister shared this recipe, and it's been a hit with me, my husband and our friends ever since.
Spicy couscous with mussels instructions
- Put mussels in a pan, just as they are. Cover and turn on the heat to medium. When they release their water and open, switch off and set a side. Meanwhile, chop chillies and courgette. When cooled, shell half the mussels.
- Fry chopped chilli in oil for 1-2 mins. Add the courgette and cook for another 5 minutes or so. Add passata sauce and a pinch of salt. Stir and cook for another few minutes.
- Now add the mussels andthe then the couscous. Immediately add hot stock, stir well and turn off the heat. Cover and leave for about 5 minutes.
- Fluff up with a fork and serve with lemon and basil 😀.
After working all day, I love that this dish is fast to prepare. Discard any mussels that don't open. Stir the couscous into the sauce and heat until hot. French fries soak up spicy tomato sauce perfectly. Add mussels and reduce heat to medium and cover.