Brandy, garlic and butter mussels. Cream the butter with the garlic and parsley in a bowl and set aside. Detach the lid from the base and place the mussels still sitting in their shells on a baking sheet. Place the mussels into individual dishes, discarding any mussels that won't open.
Mussels Garlic Butter Recipes on Yummly Baked Mussels With Cheesy Garlic Butter ToppingRussian. Mussels in a tasty sauce of garlic and butter. This Delicious Brandy, garlic and butter mussels using 7 simple ingredients and 4 simple steps. Follow these simple steps to achieve this tasty food.
Ingredients of Brandy, garlic and butter mussels
- You need 1 of kilo of mussels.
- It’s Clove of garlic.
- Prepare Glass of brandy.
- It’s Knob of butter.
- It’s of Drizzle of olive oil.
- You need to taste of Salt.
- It’s of Parsley and bread to serve.
Baked mussels in garlic butter sauce. If you can't find fresh mussels, you can cheat and use a vacuum pack of mussels in garlic butter sauce. First, clean the mussels by scrubbing any dirt and barnacles from the shells, removing the strands of seaweed and throwing away any with broken shells. Combine the butter, garlic, parsley and seasonings in a small bowl, and mix together well.
Brandy, garlic and butter mussels instructions
- Wash mussels well. Remove beard..
- Put garlic, butter and oil in a pan. When the butter starts to bubble remove garlic.
- And then add the mussels. Cover and turn up the heat.
- After a couple of minutes then will start to open. Add brandy and let it evaporate. Sprinkle with salt. Cover again and turn off the heat. Leave to steam for about 5 minutes until fully opened. Shake pan a few times but don't lift the lid. After 5 mins, serve in the sauce which will have thickened slightly.
Place the mussels in a large baking dish, and spoon the butter/garlic mixture on top. The perfect easy app for Summer. Steamed mussels are the perfect easy summer appetizer. Put olive oil in a large heavy-bottomed soup pot or Dutch oven over medium heat. Try this Mussels in Garlic Butter recipe, or contribute your own.