Choros a la Chalaca.
You can cook Choros a la Chalaca using 14 simple ingredients and 6 simple steps. Here is how you achieve delicious meal.
Ingredients of Choros a la Chalaca
- It’s 8 of Mussels.
- You need 1 of Purple Onion.
- You need 1 of Tomatoe.
- It’s 80 grams of Peruvian corn.
- Prepare 1 of Garlic Tooth.
- It’s 50 ml of Lemon Juice.
- You need 4 of Spicy Yellow Pepper.
- Prepare 1 of Rocoto Pepper.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of Chopped Coriander.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of Salt.
- You need 1 dash of Olive Oil.
- Prepare 1 tsp of Anis.
- You need 1 tsp of Cloves.
- It’s 2/3 cup of Sugar.
Choros a la Chalaca step by step
- Boil the mussels starting from cold water until they open up, then remove the water and remove 1 shell of each mussel.
- Cut the yellow peppers in half and clean them, then wash them with salt and water 3 times, put them in a pan with cold water and boil them untill the skin is easily removable and remove it from each half of yellow pepper. Cut the purple onion in half, cut 1 half in big cubes and put them in a pan with hot olive oil untill the onion start to swet, then add the yellow pepper, cook them for 3-4 minutes and blend all the mixture with a dash of olive oil to make a yellow pepper sauce.
- Put the peruvian corn with the anis and cloves in a pot with cold water and cook it for 5 minutes then add sugar cook until the corn teeth are soft and reserve.
- Blend the rocoto until it becomes a sauce.
- Cut the other onion half, the tomato (peel it first) abd the garlic in brunoise (very little squares) and mix them with the peruvian corn, lemon juice, coriander, salt, a little bit of rocoto sauce and yellow pepper sauce (don't add all the sauce).
- Finally with a spoon put some mixture over each mussel and Enjoy!!!.