Zuppa di Mussels. Fresh mussels, cloves garlic, lemon, extra virgin olive oil, white wine, fresh parsley, black pepper or red chili pepper as desired. Wash the mussels under fresh water and with a knife scrape from the shells any material attached and any beards. This is a delicious Italian first course soup, as good with mussels as it is with clams.
Add the cleaned mussels and sauté, this will add a lot of shellfish flavor to the pan and the mussels will start to open and let their liqueur out. This recipe is so simple it is hard to believe it tastes so great! Keep the mussels in a bowl in the fridge in a little water until you are ready to use them. This Perfect Zuppa di Mussels using 12 easy ingredients and 7 easy steps. Follow these simple steps to achieve this tasty food.
Ingredients of Zuppa di Mussels
- It’s 2 lb of fresh live mussels.
- Prepare 1 head of fresh garlic.
- It’s 1/2 of bottle of pino grigio white wine.
- It’s 1 can of 28oz chopped & diced tomatoes.
- You need 2 large of shallots.
- It’s 1 of fresh lemon.
- You need 1 tbsp of salt.
- You need 1/2 tbsp of black pepper.
- It’s 1 tsp of crushed red pepper flakes.
- You need 6 of fresh basil leaves.
- It’s 1 tbsp of rough chopped fresh parsley.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of olive oil.
Clean mussels in cool water; soak in cold water for about one hour. Check each one for breakage and discard. Add the stock and cover bring to a brisk boil check if you need seasoning add the mussels stir well and cover. Add the tomatoes, and salt to taste, and place a cover over the pot so that the clams and mussels can steam.
Zuppa di Mussels step by step
- Clean & scrub mussels with fresh water..
- Heat olive oil in pot & add diced garlic & shallots..
- When golden add mussels, wine & tomatoes with juice (before adding tomatoes put in bowl & hand crush the tomatoes).
- Add all other ingredients including the juice of the fresh lemon except for the basil & parsley..
- Let cook over medium heat for approximately 15 minutes occasionally stirring from bottom to ensure all the mussels cook evenly & open..
- When all mussels have opened turn off heat & add roughly hand torn basil & parsley & stir.
- Pour into bowl & discard any mussels that did not open & serve with crostinis. Toast slices of whole wheat Italian bread drizzled with olive oil & sprinkle with Italian herb seasoning & after toasting rub with fresh garlic. The crostinis are awsome for dunking in the sauce & scooping up the garlic & shallots..
Drunken Mussels Recipe – Mussels Steamed in a Garlic, Lemon & Wine Broth Video Ricetta: Zuppa di cozze, calamari, polpi, seppie ( Campania) – Cucinando per Caso e per. Photo about Mussels dinner with red sauce and pasta and an antipasto salad. Transfer the mussel soup to the butternut squash soup. To clean fresh mussels, rinse under cold running water and rip off any beards. Discard any that do not close when tapped..(Bouillabaisse) Mussel Salad Mussel Soup (Zuppa Di Cozze) Mussel et Scallop Spaghetti Mussels in White Wine Neapolitan Seafood Salad Pan-Fried Prawns (Shrimp).