Fettucine and Mussels in Lemon Garlic Butter Sauce.
You can have Fettucine and Mussels in Lemon Garlic Butter Sauce using 10 simple ingredients and 9 easy steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Fettucine and Mussels in Lemon Garlic Butter Sauce
- It’s 2 lb of fettucine, fresh or boxed.
- It’s 2 lb of mussels, live and in shell.
- You need 4 tbsp of olive oil, extra virgin.
- You need 2 stick of butter.
- You need 4 clove of garlic, minced.
- You need 1 large of lemon, zest and juice.
- Prepare 1/4 tsp of salt.
- You need 1 medium of handful basil, chopped.
- It’s 1/2 cup of pecorino Romano cheese.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of ground black pepper.
Fettucine and Mussels in Lemon Garlic Butter Sauce step by step
- Cook the fettuccine in boiling water, and a smidge of salt, until al dente. Rinse under cool water to stop the cooking process, and then set aside..
- Rinse and then steam the mussels, in a steamer basket, until they open up. If they don't open, don't eat them. Run under cool water to stop the cooking process and clean out some grit, and then set aside..
- Heat the oil on low, and then melt the butter a stick at a time. I know, this is so not health food..
- Add the garlic, simmer for a moment, and then add the lemon juice and zest. Be careful, adding the lemon should toast up the garlic pretty quickly, so remove the pan from heat for a moment as needed to keep the garlic from burning. Toasted is good, burnt is bad..
- Add the salt and basil, and simmer a minute or two..
- Mix in the Romano and pepper, and add any extra salt to taste..
- Add the fettucine to the sauce, and toss the fettucine in the sauce..
- Add the mussels to the fettucine in sauce, and toss the mussels, fettucine, and sauce..
- Serve warm, and enjoy..