Seabass served with mussels in tomato sauce. Fresh mussels steamed in tomato sauce and served over pasta is the ultimate comfort food! Luckily, fresh mussels are readily available these days AND they are easy to prepare. One of my favorite comfort foods is a big bowl of mussels with crusty bread.
Heat a medium saucepan of boiling water and. This Sea Bass recipe is melt-in-your-mouth delicious! Slideshow: More Sea Bass Recipes From SUPER TUSCAN by Debi Mazar and Freshly ground black pepper. You can have Seabass served with mussels in tomato sauce using 14 easy ingredients and 10 simple steps. Learn how to cook delicious meal.
Ingredients of Seabass served with mussels in tomato sauce
- Prepare 1 of fillet sea bass.
- Prepare 50 g of carrots diced.
- It’s 50 g of White radish diced.
- You need 400 g of Mussels.
- It’s 1 kg of Fish bones and trimmings.
- It’s 2 of Onion.
- You need 1 of leek.
- You need of Thyme.
- It’s of Rosemary.
- You need of Fine salt.
- You need of Black pepper coarse.
- It’s of Dill.
- Prepare of Butter.
- It’s 700 ml of White wine.
Finely chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley, for serving. To make the sauce: Heat the oil and anchovies in a large saucepan over medium heat, stirring often. San Marzano plum tomatoes—known for their pure tomato flavor—are the secret supermarket find in this super quick simmering sauce. Crusty baguette is a must-have to soak up the extra sauce.
Seabass served with mussels in tomato sauce instructions
- Roast fish bones and trimmings in the oven till golden brown..
- Add butter into a pot, saute chopped onions and leek till transculent. Add in the caramelized bones and trimmings and add water to cover the bones..
- Add in mussels, 500 ml white wine, rosemary, dill and thyme..
- Cook for 15 minutes, remove mussels and continue to simmer the sauce for another hour till it reduces to by 2/3..
- Strain the concentrated sauce, and bring it back to a boil. Season with salt and pepper to your liking and pour the remaining wine in. Let it reduces by half, and start adding cold butter while stirring constantly until a shine forms on the sauce..
- Season with salt and black pepper to your taste. Set aside sauce.
- In another pan, heat olive oil and cook the fish skin side down first. Each side cooks for 3 minutes..
- Flip the fish and start adding cold butter, thyme and garlic. Start to baste the fish (spooning the melted butter with the herbs in it over the fish over and over again).
- Remove and let the fish rest for 2-3 minutes..
- Pour sauce, garnish with chopped carrots and radish. Plate the fish..
Serve with mixed greens tossed with Italian vinaigrette. Prep tip: Check the mussels while you clean them. Serve the sea bass with spoonfuls of the salsa and lemon slices on the side. Sea Bass with Vanilla Polenta and Tomato Sauce. If your a sea bass fan and looking for different ways to cook it, look no further then Tesco Real Food which shows Spoon the sauce evenly over each fillet.