Jake's Mussels Stir fried.. Drain and lightly flour before cooking. Add oil to medium-heated wok or large skillet. I love mussels, but please make sure you do remove beards and scrub thoroughly as you will end up with a not nice fish smell in your food if you don't.
A recipe for fried mussels done Greek style, with some Mediterranean spices in the flour, and served with garlicky skordalia dipping sauce. Fried mussels is not something I grew up with. Fried clams are my normal jam. This Yummy Jake's Mussels Stir fried. using 17 simple ingredients and 10 easy steps. Here is how you achieve this tasty food.
Ingredients of Jake's Mussels Stir fried.
- It’s 500 grams of mussels.
- It’s 1 large of Onion.
- It’s 3 clove of garlic (chopped).
- It’s 2 of green chillies (chopped).
- You need 3/4 tbsp of chilly powder.
- You need 1/2 tbsp of coriander powder.
- You need 1/2 tsp of mustard seed.
- It’s 1 of few curry leaves.
- You need 1 of coconut oil as required.
- You need 1/2 tsp of garam masala or pepper powder.
- Prepare of For preparing Marinade.
- It’s 1 of Cocum (slit into thin pieces).
- You need 2 of green chillies (ground).
- You need 1 small of ginger (ground) or ginger paste can be used.
- You need 1 of few crushed curry leaves (not mandatoty).
- You need 1/4 tsp of turmeric powder.
- You need 1 of salt as required.
But mussel gathering is easy here in Northern California, and hell, I like fried. Yummy Mussel Stir Fry with Young Green Pepper – Mussel Stir fry – Cooking with Sros Yummy mussel stir fry with young green pepper also preferred by villager. Stir-fried mussels with iceberg, ginger and shallots. Make sure you keep stirring as you add the Shaoxing rice wine, giving it a little moment to reduce before adding your stock.
Jake's Mussels Stir fried. instructions
- Hi everyone.. i dont cook but i am happy to share some of our ethnic cuisine. This was prepared by my aunt and i had googled for reference as i am not an expert. please forgive me for any mistakes.. i will improve n correct it if you find any ! :-P.
- clean the mussels well and drain the water completely. (yes, after removing the shell).
- now for preparation of marinade, slit cocum, ground green chillies, gingen, crushed curry leaves, turmic powder and salt (as per requirement). Apply marinade on the mussel. Leave it for 30 minutes minimum.
- Boil and cook the marinated mussel with enough water in low heat until the water evaporates fully and mussels are cooked…
- In a pan, heat oil n crack the mustard seed.. (aha.. keep ur face away or you will have permenant acne lol). Add chopped onion, slit green chillies, ginger, garlic and curry leaves. saute well until the onion becomes brown or golden (not charred, please).
- Add chilly powder, coriander powder and pepper powder (i prefer pepper to garam masala). saute the whole thing for a few minutes..
- Add the cooked mussel to the above mixture and stir with a little water (dont add too much, we are not preparing a curry here). keep stirring until mussels are well fried.. (u may add salt or oil if required, according to your taste).
- Serve hot with rice or bread or whatever you like..
- Disclaimer : Like i said i had googled to get the direction steps and exact measurement. The pics are my own. We (my aunt) didnt add green chillies but used a little colourful chillies (pic attached), its more spicy…
- This food is very hot, so in case you dont like spicy food, u can reduce the addition of chillies, pepper and other things in lesser quantity..
Use a wok spoon and some delicate wok tossing to make sure everything gets a good mix. Mussels are so versatile that you can cook them with pasta, in omelets and in stir fries like this mussels and shiitake mushrooms with oyster sauce. Stir fry just until the mussels are heated through. Drizzle in the sesame seed oil. However, most that I have seen are cooked in Kung Pao style, with garlic and green onions, or I am inspired by some Thai/Vietnamese style stir-fries which cook mussels with Thai basil.