Simmered Flounder: Preparation.
This Appetizing Simmered Flounder: Preparation using 8 simple ingredients and 14 easy steps. Learn how to achieve apetizing meal.
Ingredients of Simmered Flounder: Preparation
- It’s 2 of Flounder.
- It’s 1 of refer to photo Soy sauce.
- Prepare 1 dash of less than the soy sauce Sake.
- Prepare 1 of Mirin.
- You need 5 tbsp of Sugar.
- Prepare 3 tbsp of Honey.
- It’s 1 piece of (to taste) Ginger.
- It’s 1 dash of (to taste) Red chili pepper.
Simmered Flounder: Preparation step by step
- Make a cut under the fin along the gills..
- Remove the organs..
- Here, I'm in the middle of removing the guts..
- This side has organs as well, so take them out..
- Lightly rinse the fish after removing the organs..
- It has scales, so saw them off with the back of a knife..
- Cut a cross mark into the back, and you are done. The photo shows a medaka flounder on top, and an amate flounder on the bottom. I prepared an amate flounder this time around as shown on the bottom..
- Add sake, soy sauce, sugar, mirin, and honey to a pot. Bring to a boil. Make the flavoring either a little sweet, or a little light as you like..
- Boil it down until there is just enough to marinate the entire flounder..
- Make a drop lid with aluminum foil, and simmer. First bring to a boil over a high, then turn it down to low..
- Please simmer for as long as you like. The one in the photo was cooked for a little under 5 minutes. If you prefer a lighter taste, then you can eat it right after bringing it to a boil..
- It should look like this after boiling for about 15 minutes..
- This is amate flounder..
- This is medaka flounder..