Mussels in Red Wine. Mussels take on a lusty new accent when steamed in fruity red wine infused with roasted garlic and thyme. A green salad and hunks of crusty bread complete this postcard from summer. Bring to a boil, add mussels, and reduce heat to medium.
Prepare the mussels as in the recipe for Paella. Place the wine in a large saucepan and bring to the boil. Learn how to prepare this easy Mussels in Red Wine recipe like a pro. You can cook Mussels in Red Wine using 11 easy ingredients and 12 simple steps. Learn how to cook it.
Ingredients of Mussels in Red Wine
- It’s 40 of fresh mussels.
- Prepare 1 large of onion.
- You need 4 tbsp of minced garlic.
- You need 3 stick of butter (or half a block, NZ-style).
- Prepare 300 grams of assorted seafood. pieces of fish, calamari, prawns etc..
- It’s 1 of handful freshly chopped parsley.
- Prepare 1 of bottle red wine.
- It’s of salt.
- It’s of ground black pepper.
- Prepare 2 stick of french bread.
- You need 200 grams of cheddar cheese.
This is my first cooking video. Sorry for the bad quality but it will be better next time 😜 I was holding my phone while cooking so its a bit shaky. Rinse and scrub mussels under cold water. Using your fingers or paring knife, remove beards (strings that hang from the mussel shells), and discard.
Mussels in Red Wine step by step
- Scrub mussels clean, and make sure they close. If they just flop open they are probably dead! Set aside to drain..
- Dice onion and saute in a large pot with 3 tablespoons minced garlic, salt and pepper and 2 sticks of butter. Sweat over a low heat..
- Add seafood pieces and stir through butter until covered.
- Add bottle of wine in stages until it is simmering happily.
- Add your cleaned mussels, cover and simmer for approx 15 mins, until mussels are open.
- While you're waiting, make garlic bread!.
- Combine remaining butter with a tablespoon minced garlic, salt and pepper, and parsley..
- Use a ban marie to soften butter, and whisk until combined.
- Slice bread and spread with the garlic butter.
- Grate cheese over bread until covered.
- Grill cheesy bread at approx 200 degrees(C) until bubbling.
- Serve mussels in pot with lots of napkins, and use the bread to wipe up the juices.
In a large stockpot set over medium heat, combine wine, shallots, garlic, and salt. Add mussels, cover, and increase heat to high. After steaming mussels in white wine, serve them cold, on the half shell with red pepper aioli. Steam mussels and calamari with Spanish-style noodles in a fragrant tomato broth. Kristin Donnelly is a former Food & Wine editor and author of the forthcoming The Modern Potluck (Clarkson Potter.