Mussels in potato stew. Both mussels and potatoes are staples of Ligurian cooking. Reed Hearon uses them with broccoli rabe to make this succulent light stew. Looking to amp up your beef stew but unsure where to start?
A stew of potatoes with mussels. Easy and simple to make and very nutritious. Scrub the mussels thoroughly, remove the beards and with a knife, scrape any deposits from the shells. This Appetizing Mussels in potato stew using 10 simple ingredients and 8 simple steps. This is guide how cook delicious meal.
Ingredients of Mussels in potato stew
- You need 1 pound of mussels.
- It’s 3 of carrots.
- You need 5 of fresh tomatoes chopped.
- It’s 1 cup of tomato paste.
- It’s of Cooking oil of choice.
- Prepare 3 of large potatoes.
- Prepare 1 of diced onion.
- It’s 4 cloves of garlic.
- Prepare of Seasoning of choice.
- You need of pepper (blended or chopped).
Potato stew recipe with step by step photos. This is a Kerala style potato stew made with coconut milk and spices. Steamed together — the mussel broth soaking into the tender scraps of potato; the potatoes giving body to the flavorful broth —the dish was a revelation, yet obvious in hindsight. Add sliced shallots and sliced garlic, cook over low heat until soft but not colored, add wine, bring to a simmer and add.
Mussels in potato stew step by step
- Heat 3 tablespoons of oil over medium heat and add chopped onions. Fry until translucent.
- Add chopped garlic and stir for about 10 seconds before adding in chopped tomatoes.
- Let this fry for about 2 mins, add in tomato sauce/paste and pepper and let cook for about 5 mins..
- Add 3-4 cups of water to tomato sauce and bring mixture to a boil..
- Season with salt then add in potato slices. Cover pot ans let it cook for about 5 mins, at this time the potato is just about tender and the water level in pot has decreased(cooking time depends on the size of potato)..
- Wash the mussels thoroughly and discard the ones which are already open,.
- Add mussels and chopped carrots to pot and cover for 1-2 mins, in this time the carrots would soften a bit without becoming soggy or loosing nutrients and the mussels would have opened up. This indicates that they're cooked..
- Turn of heat, let it rest covered for 2 mins before serving!.
The sweet potatoes did end up a bit mushier than when cooked in the crockpot, but flavors were delicious. Add everything to the instant pot and cook it on the I never would have thought about sweet potatoes in stew, but I love that idea! I adore stew and I can hardly wait to add corn (fire-roasted of. Stewed mussels with fries are a common entree in Belgian cities like Brussels, Ghent, and Bruges. Stewed in a spicy plum tomato and white wine Serve alongside crisp potato fries and an assortment of dipping sauces.