Mussels Marinara. You can mound some pasta in the center of the plate surrounded by the mussels or have some bruschetta handy for dipping into the sauce. Mussels are done when the shells open up (discard any that remain shut). If using frozen mussels, cook until completely heated through.
This mussels marinara recipe is a simple, yet elegant, pasta dinner. Serve with garlic bread and a green salad. The Bald Chef shows you how to make Italian Mussels Marinara Recipe. You can cook Mussels Marinara using 18 easy ingredients and 7 simple steps. This is guide how achieve delicious meal.
Ingredients of Mussels Marinara
- It’s 1/2 tablespoon of salt and water to cook the pasta.
- It’s 8 ounces of linguine- cook by the package directions.
- It’s 1/2 of of an onion — finely diced.
- You need 1/2 of each jalapeno — finely diced (with seeds makes spicier -Your choice:).
- It’s 3-4 cloves of garlic — finely chopped.
- Prepare 4 of each mushrooms sliced.
- You need 1/2 pint of grape tomatoes- quartered- or a cup of diced tomatoes.
- You need 1 ounce of olive oil.
- Prepare 1/4 teaspoon of dry,thyme.
- It’s 1/4 teaspoon of dry,oregano.
- Prepare 1/4 teaspoon of pepper.
- You need 1 teaspoon of salt.
- You need 1 1/2 teaspoon of sugar (If you like a slightly sweeter sauce adjust at the end:).
- It’s 1 cup of clam juice.
- You need 1-1 1/2 pounds of mussels cleaned – no dead ones.
- It’s 2 cups of tomato sauce.
- It’s 1 ounce of basil – fine chiffonade/ribbon cut.
- It’s as needed of Parmesan.
If you are a seafood lover and you love Mussels. Our Mussels Marinara with Linguine recipe will ensure that you enjoy a fine-dining meal in the comfort of your own. Mussels Marinara is a quick & easy recipe to make at home. I'm back with another quick & easy seafood recipe for you!
Mussels Marinara step by step
- Clean mussels- they should be closed, and if anything is hanging off pull and cut seaweed or beard. If open tap on counter three or four times to see if it closes. If it stays open throw it away. Dead shellfish will make you very sick..
- Place a 4 quart pot on and fill with 2 quarts of water and bring to a boil add a 1/2 tablespoon of salt.
- In a 4 quart pot, cook off pasta and set aside.
- Add the thyme,oregano, pepper, salt, sugar and clam juice and simmer for 5 minutes..
- Add mussels and tomato sauce Cover and cook until mussels have opened about 10 minutes. Discard any mussels that have not opened after that. Toss in basil and adjust seasonings if needed..
- Mix the mussels and sauce with pasta and serve Parmesan on top as you like..
- Note -I like adding peeled shrimp and scallops to make a Seafood Marinara I add them at the same time as I add the mussels. The scallops should be firm and the shrimp pink..
This mussels marinara recipe call for just three ingredients: mussels, black pepper, and Uh, we can think of nothing else we need for this mussels marinara recipe aside from a generous pour of a crisp. Pasta with mussels marinara The broth of mussels marinara is extremely tasty and it is a pity to waste it. In fact, usually, at the end of a nice dish of mussels, you can dunk some bread in it. Find mussel marinara stock images in HD and millions of other royalty-free stock photos, illustrations and vectors in the Shutterstock collection. Mussels Marinara Fishing Charter Check out my instagram @ musselsmarinara_.