Brad's steamed mussels & clams w/ chorizo, lemon & sherry. Steamed mussels are a delicious appetizer or main course and so quick and easy to make at home We enjoyed steamed mussels often while traveling through Prince Edward Island, a top Canadian. This is absolutely the simplest way to cook mussels, and perhaps the most satisfying A big pot of them makes an easy, festive dinner any night of the week. I'm all about low-fuss, easy entertaining recipes like these steamed mussels.
Try Ken Hom's fragrant steamed mussels for an economical and quick supper. Discard any mussels that don't close when tapped gently. Set up a steamer or put a rack into a wok or deep pan. This Yummy Brad's steamed mussels & clams w/ chorizo, lemon & sherry using 13 simple ingredients and 5 easy steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Brad's steamed mussels & clams w/ chorizo, lemon & sherry
- Prepare 1 lb of steamer clams.
- You need 1 lb of mussels.
- It’s 1 of lg shallot, sliced thin.
- It’s 8 of lg white mushrooms, sliced.
- Prepare 2 tbs of butter, divided.
- You need of Salt and pepper.
- It’s 1 tsp of oregano.
- Prepare 3 Oz of sliced Spanish chorizo.
- You need 1 tbs of minced garlic.
- It’s 1 cup of cream sherry.
- Prepare of Juice of 1 lg lemon.
- Prepare 4 sprigs of fresh dill, chopped.
- It’s of Herbed croutons for garnish.
Remove only mussels that have opened. Let closed mussels cook a little longer. The Steamed Mussels recipe out of our category Mussel and Clam! With fresh mussels increasingly available at supermarket fish counters, you can easily make this bistro favorite at home.
Brad's steamed mussels & clams w/ chorizo, lemon & sherry instructions
- Add 1 tbs butter to a deep frying pan. Heat on medium heat. Add mushrooms and shallots. Saute until everything sweats off and starts to brown..
- Add second tbs butter, salt, pepper, and oregano. Add mussels and clams. Cook until they just start to open. Stir often..
- Add chorizo, garlic, and sherry. Turn heat up just a bit. Cook about 5 minutes..
- Add lemon juice and dill. Cook 2 more minutes..
- Serve in a bowl, with plenty of pan liquid. Garnish with croutons to soak a little of that up… serve immediately. Enjoy..
Reviews for: Photos of Steamed Mussels in Tomato Broth. These mussels and clams are steamed in a fragrant broth of shallots, herbs, and white wine. You'll want lots of grilled toasts to sop up the juices. These mussels, steamed and bathed in a garlicky tomato broth are heavenly and easy to prepare. Be sure to serve with plenty of crusty bread to mop up the broth.