Mussels, tomatoes, and garlic. Mussels have three things going for them: They're cheap, quick to cook, and delicious. Using clean farmed mussels negates their one big drawback—the t. These mussels, steamed and bathed in a garlicky tomato broth are heavenly and easy to prepare.
Scrub mussels thoroughly, discarding any cracked or opened shells. Saute garlic in hot olive oil in a Dutch oven over medium-high heat until tender. Sprinkle generously with freshly ground pepper. mmmmm mussels, I prefer cultivated mussels because they don't have all the sand and gritty stuff that the regular ones do (cleaning is a breeze). You can have Mussels, tomatoes, and garlic using 8 simple ingredients and 4 easy steps. This is guide how achieve it.
Ingredients of Mussels, tomatoes, and garlic
- It’s 2 tablespoons of butter.
- It’s 1 of onion chopped.
- It’s 3 cloves of garlic diced.
- Prepare 1 can of tomatoes with garlic diced.
- Prepare of Salt.
- Prepare of Pepper.
- You need 2 pounds of mussel’s.
- It’s of Grilled bread for serving.
Add the garlic and cook stirring constantly for about one minute. Add the onion, celery, and tomato and cook until the onions and celery are tender. Learn how to make Mussels with garlic, tomatoes, and wine & see the Smartpoints value of this great recipe. Heat the oil in a large nonstick saucepan over medium heat.
Mussels, tomatoes, and garlic instructions
- In a pot over medium-low heat, melt butter. Add onion and cook until fragrant and soft, 5 minutes, then add garlic and cook until fragrant, 1 minute more..
- Add diced tomatoes, wine, and parsley and stir until combined. Season with salt and pepper..
- Add mussels and simmer until all shells are open. (Discard any shells that aren’t open.).
- Garnish with more parsley and serve with grilled bread.
Check mussels regularly and remove from heat when all mussels have opened. Garlic and tomatoes simmer briefly with white wine to create a rich broth that is livened up with fresh basil and parsley. The shells bring a briny flavor to the broth and quickly open, revealing plump and juicy mussels ready to be enjoyed. Scoop them into bowls with plenty of thick broth on top and dig in! Mussels with Fennel, Garlic, and Tomatoes. posted by Marina Delio