Prawn Madras Curry.
This Delicious Prawn Madras Curry using 15 easy ingredients and 7 easy steps. This is guide how achieve delicious meal.
Ingredients of Prawn Madras Curry
- You need 1 tsp of Cumin seed.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of Turmeric powder.
- Prepare 3/4 tsp of Garam masala.
- It’s 2 tsps of Chilli powder.
- You need 1 tbsps of Coriander powder.
- It’s 4 – 5 of Chillies (red or green) finely chopped.
- Prepare 4 cloves of Garlic (crushed).
- You need 1 of Onion large (finely chopped).
- You need 2 or 1 tins of Tomatoes (chopped) (250g).
- Prepare 150 g-200gs of Yoghurt (accordingly).
- You need 500 g of Prawns (cleaned).
- You need 2 tbsps of Vegetable oil ghee or.
- It’s 1/2 cup of water Boiling.
- Prepare to taste of Salt.
- Prepare handful of Coriander leaves for garnish (finely chopped).
Prawn Madras Curry instructions
- Gently heat the oil in a wok, large frying pan or saucepan. Add the cumin seeds and fry gently until they pop..
- Add the onion and gently fry until the onion goes mushy and slightly brown. Add garlic and saute until the raw smell disappears. Then add the chillies and saute until the raw smell disappears..
- Next, add the tomatoes and allow to soften. Then add turmeric powder, coriander powder and chilli powder. Allow to simmer gently until the oil separates..
- Add the boiling water and allow to cook for 10-15 mins, until most of the water has evaporated away and the mixture starts to go thick again..
- Then, add the prawns and salt. Allow to heat through for about 3-4 mins. If the mixture is looking a bit thick, add some more boiling water. Allow to thicken a little bit if you accidentally put too much water in!.
- Finally, add garam masala and stir for a minute. Gradually stir in the pot of yoghurt, allow to heat through for a few minutes on a low flame. Top with coriander leaves to garnish..
- Serve with basmati rice or nan bread..