Prawn Malai curry. Here is Most Famous Bengali Prawn Recipe Chingri Macher Malai Curry. Trust me this Chingri Macher Malaikari recipe will put a big smile on your face. Chingri malai curry (Bengali: চিংড়ি মালাই কারি) also known as prawn malai curry, is a Bengali curry made from prawns and coconut milk and flavoured with spices.
Prawn Malai Curry Recipe. by TNN. If you love seafood then this delightful recipe is for you. Prawns Malai Curry is a delicious combination of creamy gravy and. This Perfect Prawn Malai curry using 16 simple ingredients and 10 easy steps. This is guide how achieve apetizing meal.
Ingredients of Prawn Malai curry
- It’s 200 g of prawn.
- You need 1/2 cup of dessicated coconut.
- Prepare 1 of onion paste.
- Prepare 1 tbs of Ginger garlic paste.
- You need 1 tsp of Kashmiri red chilli powder.
- Prepare 1 tsp of turmeric powder.
- Prepare 1 cup of hot water.
- Prepare 1 of bay leaf.
- Prepare 1 tsp of jeera (whole).
- Prepare 1 of whole dry red chilli.
- It’s 2-3 of whole garam masalas.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of garam masala powder.
- It’s 2-3 of green chillies.
- You need 1 of tomato purred.
- It’s To taste of salt.
- It’s As needed of oil for frying.
Ingredients for Chingri Malai Curry Recipe. Season with ginger-garlic paste and curry leaves. Add all the remaining ingredients, except curd and tomato puree. Chingri Macher Malai Curry tastes best with steamed rice or Basanti Polau.
Prawn Malai curry instructions
- Wash & marinate the prawns with salt & turmeric powder.
- Now put the dessicated coconut in the hot water for few minutes & strain to get the coconut milk & keep aside.
- Now heat a pan, add oil & fry the prawns well.
- Remove the prawns, add bay leaf, red chilli, jeera & whole garam masala then allow it to crackle.
- Now fry the onion paste adding ginger garlic paste, salt & turmeric powder.
- Add tomato puree & red chilli powder then fry it well.
- Add the dessicated coconut then mix well.
- Finally add the coconut milk & bring it to boil.
- Now add the fried prawns. cover it, keep it in low flame till it gets tender.
- Prawn Malai curry is ready sprinkle garam masala powder & serve it with steaming rice.
Prawn Malai Curry goes very well with rice. Learn how to make/prepare Prawn Malai Curry by following this easy recipe. Prawn Malai Curry it is yumlogical. The coconut milk and green chilli gives the Prawn Malai Curry a two dimensional taste. Chingri malaikari is an iconic Bengali prawn curry made by cooking large tiger prawns (bagda chingri) or giant 'Malai' meaning 'cream' recalls the coconut-milk base in which the prawns are cooked.