For New Year's! Simmered Shrimp.
This Perfect For New Year's! Simmered Shrimp using 5 simple ingredients and 9 easy steps. Learn how to cook delicious meal.
Ingredients of For New Year's! Simmered Shrimp
- Prepare 10 of Japanese tiger shrimp, etc..
- Prepare 200 ml of Sake.
- It’s 60 ml of Mirin.
- It’s 60 ml of Soy sauce.
- It’s 200 ml of Dashi stock.
For New Year's! Simmered Shrimp step by step
- Remove the hard section and the antennae from the head of the shrimp. It's easy to do this using kitchen scissors..
- Use a toothpick to remove the vein from the back..
- Put the mirin and sake in a pot and cook off the alcohol..
- Add the soy sauce and dashi stock. When it comes to a boil, add the shrimp. Simmer on low heat for 5 minutes. Gently skim off the scum..
- Place a paper towel or sheet of aluminum foil on top of the ingredients to use as a drop-lid while it's simmering. I used a paper towel..
- After 5 minutes, cool the shrimp and the liquid separately..
- You can leave the liquid as-is, but it will be a lot nicer if you strain it through a paper towel. I used a coffee filter to strain it..
- Once cooled, cover the shrimp with a paper towel and pour the simmered liquid over them. Let them sit for 1 hour so that they can absorb the flavor. If you can, leave them sitting overnight..
- Arrange on a dish, garnish with nandina leaves, and it's done!.