Prawn in coconut gravy (Chingri Machher malai curry). Bengali Famous Recipe Chingri Macher Malai Curry. Chingri macher malai curry is a world famous Bengali cusine. In fact in many places it is considered as a symbol of Bengal.
For more recipes related to Chingri Malai Curry checkout Prawns with Onion, Curry Leaves and Chillies, Grilled Prawns In Vodka Sauce, Palak Methi Prawns, Kadai Prawns With Roasted Pepper Jam. .famous prawn dish, Chingri Macher Malaikari, Big prawns in a rich coconut cream based gravy. garlic, shrimp in onion gravy, prawn in thick spicy curry, bangladeshi prawn recipe, chingri bhuna curry. chingri malaikari, chingri malai, bengali chingri recipe, bengali recipe, chingri macher. Chingri Macher Malaikari or Prawn malaikari is a popular Bengali dish where the prawn is cooked in a coconut milk gravy flavored with Garam Masala etc. So most people think that coconut or coconut milk is not a popular ingredient in Bengali cooking, but it is in many of the special Bengali cuisines. …chingri malai curry or prawns / lobsters stewed in creamy coconut milk… On one of my regular visit to Mumbai, we once dined in Summary: Chingri malai curry or prawns in creamy coconut gravy is classic Bengali dish which becomes a star of many occasions and absolute family favourite. You can cook Prawn in coconut gravy (Chingri Machher malai curry) using 22 easy ingredients and 14 simple steps. Follow these simple steps to achieve yummy food.
Ingredients of Prawn in coconut gravy (Chingri Machher malai curry)
- It’s 400 gm of Shrimp.
- Prepare 1 of big potato diced.
- Prepare 200 ml of Coconut milk.
- Prepare 400 ml of full fat Milk.
- Prepare 1/2 of Fried onions.
- You need 3 tablespoons of Onion paste.
- You need 1 teaspoon of ginger paste.
- It’s of Whole garam masala.
- You need 2 of cinnamon sticks.
- It’s 5 of cardamoms.
- It’s 5 of cloves.
- You need 5 of 5 pepper corn.
- You need 1/2 teaspoon of turmeric powder.
- It’s 1/2 teaspoon of cumin powder.
- Prepare 1/2 teaspoon of red Chilli powder.
- You need 1/2 teaspoon of garam masala powder.
- You need 250 gm of broken cashews.
- You need 200 gm of raisins.
- Prepare 250 gm of poppy seeds.
- Prepare 1 Table spoon of ghee.
- It’s to taste of Salt.
- It’s to taste of Sugar.
Chingri Macher Malai is a prawn curry made with mustard, coconut milk and chilli. The fried prawns are covered in all the spices and coated in curry. Bengali Prawn curry with mustard, coconut & chilli. Prawns in Mustard & Coconut Milk Curry or Chingri Macher Malaikari (Bengali Style).
Prawn in coconut gravy (Chingri Machher malai curry) instructions
- Clean and marinade the shrimp with turmeric and salt for half hour.
- Lightly fry the shrimp and potatoes and keep them aside.
- Add bay leaves and whole garam masala in mustard oil.
- Add the onion and ginger paste and saute for 5 mins.
- Make a light paste of the turmeric powder, cumin powder, red Chilli powder and sugar in water.
- Add the paste to the pan.
- Blend the cashews, raisins and poppy seeds into a thick paste..
- Add the paste to the pan with the fried potatoes.
- Fry for 3-4 mins.
- Add the milk and let the gravy boil so that the potatoes are cooked.
- When the right consistency is reached, add the coconut milk and the fried shrimps and let it all boil.
- Once the gravy becomes creamy enough, turn off the stove and Sprinkle garam masala powder at the top..
- Garnish with fried onions and ghee.
- Serve hot..
I personally do not fancy Kadhai Prawns and other compulsive Traditionally, Prawn Malaikari is made with fresh prawns with the heads intact, but cleaned thoroughly. Canned coconut milk works equally well and. Chingri malai curry (Bengali: চিংড়ি মালাই কারি) also known as prawn malai curry, is a Bengali curry made from prawns and coconut milk and flavoured with spices. Prawns Malai Curry is a delicious combination of creamy gravy and scrumptious prawns. This recipe is healthy as well as tasty.