Undhiyu. Undhiyu recipe with step by step photos – This is an easy and super delicious surti undhiyu that does not take much time. Generally preparing undhiyu takes a lot of time and needs patience. Make Surti or Kathyawadi undhiyu recipe using less oil in a pressure cooker.
To make this undhiyu restaurant style, deep fry all the veggies one by one except papadi, peas and stuffed veggies. UndhiyuAlternative namesSurti UndhiyuTypemixed vegetable dishPlace of originSurat, IndiaMain ingredientsvegetables Cookbook: Undhiyu Media: Undhiyu. Surti Undhiyu is a special mixed vegetable dish, which is prepared with whole and ground spices. This Appetizing Undhiyu using 46 easy ingredients and 8 simple steps. Learn how to cook it.
Ingredients of Undhiyu
- It’s of Muthias.
- It’s 3/4 cup of atta (whole wheat flour).
- It’s 3 tbsp of besan (gram flour).
- You need 1 cup of methi (fenugreek) leaves, chopped.
- Prepare 1 tsp of cumin seeds.
- Prepare to taste of salt.
- Prepare 1/4 tsp of turmeric powder.
- You need 1 tsp of roasted coriander powder.
- You need 1/2 tsp of roasted cumin powder.
- You need 1 tsp of red chilli powder.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of amchoor powder.
- Prepare 1 tsp of ginger, grated.
- Prepare 1-2 of fresh chilies, chopped.
- You need 1 tbsp of oil to knead the dough.
- It’s as needed of oil for deep fry.
- You need of Masala for the stuffing.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of pepper powder or to taste.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of lemon juice.
- You need 1 cup of coriander leaves, chopped.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of fresh coconut, grated.
- You need 3 tbsp of roasted peanuts.
- You need 2 tbsp of roasted sesame seeds.
- You need 10-15 of roasted cashewnuts.
- You need 1 tsp of ginger. grated.
- You need 1 of fresh chilli, chopped.
- It’s to taste of salt.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp. of turmeric powder.
- It’s 1 tsp of roasted coriander-cumin powder.
- It’s 1 tsp of red chilli powder.
- You need of Undhiyu Vegetables.
- You need 1 of potato, cubed.
- Prepare 1 of green plantain, sliced.
- It’s 1 cup of yam, cubed.
- You need 1 cup of sweet potato, cubed.
- It’s 6-7 of eggplants, slit.
- You need 1/2 cup of green peas.
- You need 1 cup of broad beans (Sem ki Phalli), cut into half and separated.
- You need As needed of oil for deep fry.
- Prepare of Tempering.
- You need 3-4 tbsp of oil.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of cumin seeds.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of carom seeds (ajwain).
- It’s 1 cup of water mixed.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of turmeric powder.
- You need to taste of salt.
- You need 1 tbsp of ghee (optional).
This main dish recipe is made in stages and has a lip-smacking taste that you will love to enjoy with puri. Undhiyu – A favorite and a famous Gujarati dish prepared with winter vegetables. This recipe goes with both rice and roti. Today, I am going to share how to make Gujarati Undhiyu with store-bought.
- To make the muthias – Mix together atta, besan and all the dry powders. Add the oil and combine well. Then add the cumin seeds, chopped methi leaves, ginger and fresh chilies. knead into a stiff dough with required quantity of water. Keep aside for 10 minutes..
- Form oval shape small balls out of the dough. Heat oil and deep fry them few at a time till light golden brown in colour. Drain on a kitchen towel and keep aside..
- Stuffing – Powder the cashew nuts, sesame seeds and peanuts into a coarse powder. Combine with all the other ingredients and keep aside..
- Preparation – Heat oil and deep fry the yam, green plantain, potatoes and sweet potatoes in batches. Drain on a kitchen towel and keep aside..
- Stuff the eggplants with the prepared masala and keep aside. Now combine the rest of the masala with the vegetables..
- Heat oil in a pressure cooker and temper with ajwain, cumin seeds. After it stops spluttering, add the broad beans and green peas. Saute for a few seconds..
- Add the rest of the veggies and top it up with the fried muthias. Add the water mixed with turmeric powder and salt to taste. Pressure cook for 2 whistles..
- Transfer it to a separate pan and add more water if gravy consistency is required. Simmer for 2-3 minutes on low flame. Drizzle with some ghee and serve with poori, paratha or just plain chapatti..
Easy Undhiyu – Mixed vegetable casserole with a medley of veggies cooked in earthy spices, ginger and chilies cooked effortlessly in the Instant Pot. Undhiyu Undhiyu is a Gujarati mixed vegetable dish that is a regional specialty of Surat, India. The name of this dish comes from the Gujarati word "undhu", which translates to upside down, since the. Undhiyu Recipe, Learn how to make Undhiyu (absolutely delicious recipe of Undhiyu ingredients and cooking method) Undhiyu Recipe How to make Undhiyu. A band for the harmony of western and indian classical music.