Prawn malai curry. Here is Most Famous Bengali Prawn Recipe Chingri Macher Malai Curry. Trust me this Chingri Macher Malaikari recipe will put a big smile on your face. Chingri malai curry (Bengali: চিংড়ি মালাই কারি) also known as prawn malai curry, is a Bengali curry made from prawns and coconut milk and flavoured with spices.
Prawn Malai Curry Recipe. by TNN. If you love seafood then this delightful recipe is for you. Prawns Malai Curry is a delicious combination of creamy gravy and. This Perfect Prawn malai curry using 12 simple ingredients and 8 simple steps. Learn how to achieve this tasty food.
Ingredients of Prawn malai curry
- You need 400 gram of prawn.
- You need 2 of onions paste.
- Prepare 1 tablespoon of ginger garlic paste.
- You need 1 teaspoon of turmuric powder.
- You need 1 cup of desiccated coconut.
- It’s 1 teaspoon of jeera seeds.
- Prepare 1 of bay leaf.
- Prepare 2 of green cardamoms.
- It’s 2 of cloves.
- Prepare 1" of cinnamon.
- You need To taste of salt and sugar.
- You need As needed of oil and ghee.
Ingredients for Chingri Malai Curry Recipe. Season with ginger-garlic paste and curry leaves. Add all the remaining ingredients, except curd and tomato puree. Chingri Macher Malai Curry tastes best with steamed rice or Basanti Polau.
Prawn malai curry instructions
- Wash and marinate the prawn with salt and turmuric powder.
- Heat oil in a pan add the prawn shallow fry and keep aside.
- Add whole garam masala jeera bay leaf.
- Now add onion paste saute adding salt and turmuric powder.
- Add ginger garlic paste saute adding red chilli powder and jeera powder.
- Add the prawns and cover allow it to simmer.
- Finally add coconut milk and sugar.
- Garnish it with ghee and garam masala and serve.
Prawn Malai Curry goes very well with rice. Learn how to make/prepare Prawn Malai Curry by following this easy recipe. Prawn Malai Curry it is yumlogical. The coconut milk and green chilli gives the Prawn Malai Curry a two dimensional taste. Chingri malaikari is an iconic Bengali prawn curry made by cooking large tiger prawns (bagda chingri) or giant 'Malai' meaning 'cream' recalls the coconut-milk base in which the prawns are cooked.