Shrimp biryani. Prawn biryani recipe – Aromatic basmati rice dum cooked with prawns, herbs & spice powders. Biryani is a delicious dish made by cooking fragrant basmati rice with meat, yogurt, spices & herbs. Chicken biryani & mutton biryani are the much popular versions loved by biryani lovers.
The shrimp biryani is traditionally accompanied by an aubergine dish from Hyderabad called baingan maseladar. I often cook baingan bharta (eggplant curry) but it was the first time I tried to cook this other eggplant-based dish. Shrimp biryani recipe is protein-rich delicious rice dominated by high-quality shrimp. This Tasty Shrimp biryani using 12 simple ingredients and 4 easy steps. Follow these simple steps to achieve this tasty food.
Ingredients of Shrimp biryani
- You need 250 grms of prawns.
- You need 1/2 teaspoon of turmeric powder.
- You need to taste of salt.
- It’s 2 tsp of chilli powder.
- Prepare 1/2 teaspoon of garam masala powder.
- It’s 1 teaspoon of saffron.
- Prepare 1 tsp of ginger garlic paste.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of fried onions.
- You need as needed of Oil for cooking.
- It’s 2 cups of curd.
- You need 1 cup of mint and coriander.
- Prepare 2 cups of basmathi rice almost cooked.
Although we eat many types of biryani, which are mostly cooked with beef, or mutton or chicken, shrimp biryani is an exception. Through the use of shrimp, the biryani creates fascination with the shrimp lovers. At the same time, it makes the rice very delicious. Shrimp Biryani is a spicy and delicate, full-flavored meal, made with fragrant basmati rice and shrimp.
Shrimp biryani instructions
- Soak the Basmati Rice for at least 15 minutes.Take a large pan. Pour water into the pan and let it boil.Now, add oil to the water so that it helps the rice remain nice and flaky.Add some salt to it. (Make sure that it shouldnt be too salty).
- Take another pan and pour some oil.Add 1 tsp of ginger garlic paste and a cup of grated fresh coconut to it.Add some shahi jeera, biryani masala to it.Now, add nicely sorted Shrimp to this and let it be cooked along with masala. Add some salt.After cooking the shrimp for up to 3 minutes, take the shrimps out of the pan.Now, add the rest of the ingredients into the pan.Add rest of the biriyani masala, mint leaves and green chillies, curd. Saute all these nicely..
- Add some chopped coriander leaves and some brown onions to this. Now, it's time to add the soaked basmati rice to the large pan in which we poured water and oil. Let the rice be cooked for almost 95%..
- Now, add this basmati rice to another pan in which we prepared masala..Take the cooked shrimps and arrange them on the rice and top it up the remaining rice. Once you are done, add the brown onions (If needed).Add saffron water, lemon juice. Even add some ghee (If needed).Now, put the lid and reduce the flame a little bit for 5 min. That's it, the Yummy and Tasty Shrimp Biryani is ready..
The warm flavors of fresh spices, turmeric, red chili powder and the sweetness from onions cooked in ghee make this an ultimate dish for lunch or dinner! My sister made this biryani with prawn, but I don't get prawn here. So I made it with shrimp. I love shrimp and I always wanted to try shrimp biryani. This recipe is very easy to make and it tastes as good as chicken biryani.