Prawns Malai Gravy.
This Tasty Prawns Malai Gravy using 19 simple ingredients and 3 easy steps. Follow these simple steps to achieve it.
Ingredients of Prawns Malai Gravy
- You need 250 gms of Medium size Prawns (de-veined and de-shelled).
- Prepare 1 tsp of salt.
- It’s 1 tsp of turmeric powder.
- It’s As needed of vegetable oil.
- You need 2 tbsp of ghee (optional).
- Prepare 1 inch of cinnamon stick.
- It’s 3 of cloves.
- Prepare 4 of peppercorns.
- It’s 1 of bay leaf.
- Prepare 1 tsp of cumin seeds.
- Prepare 1 of small onion, finely diced.
- Prepare 2 inch of ginger, grated.
- You need 2 cloves of garlic, grated.
- It’s 2 of green chillis.
- It’s To taste of salt.
- Prepare 1 tsp of garam masala.
- It’s 1/4 tsp of sugar.
- Prepare 300 ml of coconut milk.
- It’s as needed of water.
Prawns Malai Gravy step by step
- Place prawns in a bowl. Sprinkle on the salt, turmeric and mix well. Heat 3 tbsp vegetable oil in a non-stick pan. Once hot, add the prawns and cook on medium heat for 2 minutes. Turn the prawns over and cook for a further 2 minutes. The prawns should be firm and white. Heat oil and ghee in the previously used pan. Once hot, add the cinnamon stick, cloves, peppercorns, bay leaf and cumin. When these whole spices begin to splatter, add the onions and 1/4 tsp salt..
- Cook for 2-3 minutes until translucent. Now add the ginger and garlic and cook for a further 3-4 minutes until golden brown. Add salt, turmeric, garam masala sugar and 2 tbsp water into a bowl and mix together to make a paste. Add this paste to the pan along with the green chillis and mix well. Now add the coconut milk and 1 cup of water. Bring to boil and then immediately reduce the heat and simmer for 3-4 minutes or until it is thick enough to cover the back of a spoon..
- Check for salt and adjust accordingly. Now add the prawns. Cook for 3-4 minutes and turn off the heat..